Sin bins to be put on trial | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sin bins to be put on trial

subbuteo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
How often can you tweak the beautiful game until it becomes something else and likely a lesser experience.

I'm sure the bookmakers will love it.

J Y Kelly

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 14, 2006
In principal it sounds good, but look what happened earlier this season when a Wednesday player went off to get a head injury seen to. We were treated to 10 minutes of time wasting pantomime culminating in their keeper picking up an imaginary injury from a phantom contact. I think refs have enough in their armoury to make the players behave, but either lack the spine, or backing from the relative governing body.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2004
In principal it sounds good, but look what happened earlier this season when a Wednesday player went off to get a head injury seen to. We were treated to 10 minutes of time wasting pantomime culminating in their keeper picking up an imaginary injury from a phantom contact. I think refs have enough armoury to make the players behave, bit either lack the spine, or backing from the relative governing body.
I don't agree to the extent that a yellow card is the maximum penalty for a "professional foul" but the very name indicates it is not enough. No player should ever be motivated to "take one for the team" to foul for an advantage. That mean the penalty is not sufficient.

I’m witnessing my first use of the 10 minute sin bin for dissent this evening in Pickering Town v. Goole in the Northern Counties East League Premier Division. It’s a rubbish idea that completely unbalances the game as it has the same effect as a red card for one ninth of the game for an offence that doesn’t merit a red. Pickering lost a goal while down to ten men and Goole are lucky not to have been given the same treatment. This scheme will never reach elite football based on this showing.

Reactions: David Doidge