shaking hands with losers | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

shaking hands with losers

Nov 10, 2010
Steve Evans":31j6kt5f said:
devonport singer":31j6kt5f said:
devonport singer":31j6kt5f said:
GreenSam":31j6kt5f said:
Heaven forbid it be within the remit of a captain to console players in his own team who are down at having missed a penalty. Heaven forbid the very idea that it's a captain's job to look after his teammates. Perish the very thought. I'm sure we'd be a lot better if he went over and bollocked them in front of everyone, pointed at them and laughed.
what was the result tonight sam?this match was there to be won.if they practised penalties instead of climbing childrens climbing walls over the life centre we would be a step nearer wembley.fletcher appointing hourihane should be a sackable offence in my opinion

Please tell me who else then was the correct desion tonight to have captain ? and before you say Blanchard he is simply not good enough as a captain and does not do what you want a captain to do. Connor is the correct decision.

i respect your opinion and totally disagree with it.hourihane should have rollocked them and afterwards gone to his manager and said"we will all be in tomorrow at 7.30 am and we will train for a full day every day until we have retained our league status"
.the regime at argyle is too casual, i cite , for instance,climbing up a wall in the life centre "for something different" as mr fletcher put it!

how do you know hourihane has not said that ? also that is ridiculous training every single day every day, lets get all the players fatigued before the end of the season. I'm not saying that Fletcher should not go as i believe he should but the points you are picking out as reasons are terrible and don't form a good argument, nonetheless your opinion i suppose.

If you had stated the fact that playing chadwick up top on his own, playing macdonald/guriere and cowan hall on the wrong wings amongst many others then id agree.
i am not interested if you agree or disagree with me.these players are not fit and they have proved this by their league position and exit from all cup competitions.

But you have just blamed fletcher? i believe a few of these players if played in the correct formation and position and with a good manager are good enough to play in a league one team. Ohhhh and of course we are out off all cup competions, we were expected to win them im furious as well !!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Mark Pedlar":1o6jzpt4 said:
Fitness is just one component Steve - don't make the mistake of thinking that putting one thing right is the be all and end all. Besides which who is it who says they're not fit - apart from you?

Whether they're coached properly - that a whole different question.
a fair point mark. i say they are not fit a lot of the time because we are 5th from bottom of the 4th division and nearly always second to the ball.

Nov 10, 2010
Steve Evans":3iq5iov4 said:
Mark Pedlar":3iq5iov4 said:
Fitness is just one component Steve - don't make the mistake of thinking that putting one thing right is the be all and end all. Besides which who is it who says they're not fit - apart from you?

Whether they're coached properly - that a whole different question.
a fair point mark. i say they are not fit a lot of the time because we are 5th from bottom of the 4th division and nearly always second to the ball.

Lets get those bloody marathon runners in. Sir Evans has sorted all of argyles problems out. our saviour.

Jul 29, 2010
Dan Ellard":5lozy9c4 said:
Steve Evans":5lozy9c4 said:
GreenSam":5lozy9c4 said:
Heaven forbid it be within the remit of a captain to console players in his own team who are down at having missed a penalty. Heaven forbid the very idea that it's a captain's job to look after his teammates. Perish the very thought. I'm sure we'd be a lot better if he went over and bollocked them in front of everyone, pointed at them and laughed.
what was the result tonight sam?this match was there to be won.if they practised penalties instead of climbing childrens climbing walls over the life centre we would be a step nearer wembley.fletcher appointing hourihane should be a sackable offence in my opinion

Words fail me.

I'll speak for you then "I agree" :thumbup:

He did it with Walton, rewards immature, violent and petulent individuals. It's almost as if he's the only one 'in the know' on a candid camera show...........pick the most spikey, disliked and least responsible character in the squad and give him the armband :shock:

In fact i'd go further, he's like Borat taking the p*ss out of the Americans by being deliberately awful while feigning innocence. Only we're the one's having the p*ss taken out of us. Think about it, no-one could be that dreadful by accident, no-one could keep churning out the same lame excuses, the same embarassing tactics, football that makes you just want to look through your fingers.

Mark my words we'll be released as a feature film next year "FLETCH: Cultural Learnings of Argyle for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Wales" :furious:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Liam Vercoe":3smwlxuh said:
And this is why the "ignore user" function was created.

:)

For others - click "profile" at the bottom of a post of someone you want to ignore and click "add foe". Job done :thumbs:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Whilst I disagree totally with Steve Evans comment about CH and his end of match actions he also mentioned practice.

We had this discussion last Feb/March time linked to Nandos during the afternoon. I said the players should be practising pens, crossing the ball aiming for a barrel put in the area, shooting, taking free kicks over and around walls etc etc. I based that on the fact that 1 pen or 1 free kick wasted could have serious consequences. I was only half heartedly supported by some fans. Have we EVER won a pen shoot out ??

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":166zzyob said:
Dan Ellard":166zzyob said:
Steve Evans":166zzyob said:
GreenSam":166zzyob said:

Words fail me.

He did it with Walton, rewards immature, violent and petulent individuals. It's almost as if he's the only one 'in the know' on a candid camera show...........pick the most spikey, disliked and least responsible character in the squad and give him the armband :shock:

In fact i'd go further, he's like Borat taking the p*ss out of the Americans by being deliberately awful while feigning innocence. Only we're the one's having the p*ss taken out of us. Think about it, no-one could be that dreadful by accident, no-one could keep churning out the same lame excuses, the same embarassing tactics, football that makes you just want to look through your fingers.

Mark my words we'll be released as a feature film next year "FLETCH: Cultural Learnings of Argyle for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Wales" :furious:

Okay, tell me in 1 word if you can, who would you have had as captain tonight?

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
X Isle":1o72wpax said:
Birdseye.

news-graphics-2008-_659571a.jpg

Nah, he gave us the finger X Isle

bth_cap.jpg

See mate. :scarf:

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
PL2 3DQ":36tdgq5h said:
Liam Vercoe":36tdgq5h said:

For others - click "profile" at the bottom of a post of someone you want to ignore and click "add foe". Job done :thumbs:

Great thanks, although someone let me know if he changes his signature :funny:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
MarkinMelbourne":3tujoasj said:
PL2 3DQ":3tujoasj said:
Liam Vercoe":3tujoasj said:

Great thanks, although someone let me know if he changes his signature :funny:
we are 5th from bottom of the 4th division.i reckon something is wrong at argyle

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
X Isle":2iowczbn said:
Dan Ellard":2iowczbn said:
Steve Evans":2iowczbn said:
GreenSam":2iowczbn said:

Words fail me.

couldn't have put it better myself x isle

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Kidderminster away about 96 is the last winning penalty shoot-out I can remember. But Greens on Screen will hold the answer.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Green_Matt":1sfokvo0 said:
Mark Pedlar":1sfokvo0 said:
Kidderminster away about 96 is the last winning penalty shoot-out I can remember. But Greens on Screen will hold the answer.
I didn't think there were any?
Tuesday, 01 Dec 1998 [14 years ago]
FA Cup 1R
Kidderminster Harriers 0 Argyle 0
Venue: Aggborough
Note: The first replay on Nov 24th was abandoned at half time (0-0) due to fog. Argyle won this second attempt 5-4 on penalties.
Team: Jon Sheffield, Jon Ashton, Jon Beswetherick, Darren Bastow, Mick Heathcote, Paul Wotton, Martin Barlow, Steve McCall, Sean McCarthy, Earl Jean, Chris Hargreaves. Subs: Steve Adams, Lee Phillips.

Thanks to http://www.Greensonscreen.co.uk

I don't know about any others though. It would take too long to search.