Sh!t referee! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sh!t referee!

Apr 23, 2006
Holsworthy
Lundan Cabbie":1dgrnbid said:
PAFC94":1dgrnbid said:
Wyldes deflected shot that was gicen as a goal kick. Possibly the worst decision i've ever seen.

If that is the worst decision you have ever seen then I can only assume most referees you get to see are exceptionally good ones. Not noticing a deflection on a shot happens every week somewhere or another up and down the country. Frustrating yes, but he only gave what he thought he saw. The penalty claim when Jervis was being held, these get turned down every week in bucket loads too.

For me, the worst was not interpretating that Jay Simpson's tackle on Oscar Threlkeld was serous foul play.

A very poor day at the office for Mr Woolmer and you can understand why he has never climbed any higher. The only thing you can say in his defence is, it seems he is consistently poor.

Yes but in this case, all their players even told him the keeper had saved it by setting themselves up to defend a corner.

May 22, 2006
pastiesforlife":1mtpa7gw said:
Emeraldinho":1mtpa7gw said:
Was there an FL assessor in the grandstand last night, I wonder? If so, I'd be very interested to read his report. Can the club actually complain or report the ref?

There is an assessor at every game but comments will never be disclosed.

DA highlighted that we have not had a penalty all season. We have had five against us, including two against Pompey. Meanwhile Pompey were 0-0 last night until Greening was sent off. They seem to have a lot of players sent off against them.

Does anybody have the stats for Penalties awarded for and opposing players sent off against for Argyle and Pompey this season? I suspect there may be a big difference.

Tried to check this myself and it seems Pompey have had 2 pens and 2 players sent off against them.

Oxford have had 7 pens (3 missed) and 5 sent off against them. No wonder they are second in the league.

Three teams without a penalty, including Argyle. Exeter have scored 4/4.

Argyle one of five teams without a red card. Exeter the only team not to have played in a match with any red card this season.

Oct 24, 2010
Looking at the highlights on Argyle Player his view of the penalty incident was blocked by a couple of players and he can't give what he doesn't see. The deflection for a corner of Wylde's shot is not the easiest thing to spot either. It was a mystery though why he didn't send off Simpson, that was a horror tackle.

C

C. Slade

Hate criticising refs too much. Who seriously would want to be one. Split second decisions, no benefit of replays, hindsight etc.
However. This was the most dreadful performance I can ever remember, either at Home Park, on the box or anywhere.

Apr 9, 2011
Refs have it easy now at HP there are no crowds by the tunnel to give them grief when they come off after a horror performance like last night. Bring back the good old days of the mayflower enclosure , spent many a happy match there.

C

Cobi Budge.

I held in my anger up until the Carey incident, then I just exploded, I can't remember going so mad at a ref since screaming at the TV when Lampard's goal was disallowed against Germany. Carey simply beat his man, no contact whatsoever, and the ref blew up for a foul against Carey, he would have been clean through.

Granted the ref gave a few bizzare decisions our way, but I don't buy the argument that he was equally as bad for both teams. If I was an Orient fan, I'd probably love that ref, and it seemed that way when Hendon waited on the touch line to shake the hand of Woolmer and pretty much give him a hug. All the major decisions went against us, every 50/50 went Orient's way, and as the chants against the ref got louder, the more and more ridiculous free kicks he gave against us. I never thought I'd actually accuse a referee of being bias, but it felt that way last night.

The problem is that the more and more a club or numerous clubs complain about a ref, the stronger the FA/FL's support for that ref grows as they simply assume bitterness on the club's part, meaning that you can never win, and that's why incompetent officials like Mr Woolmer can continue to produce display's like last night.

Feb 23, 2008
esmer":2xecbqjd said:
Looking at the highlights on Argyle Player his view of the penalty incident was blocked by a couple of players and he can't give what he doesn't see. The deflection for a corner of Wylde's shot is not the easiest thing to spot either. It was a mystery though why he didn't send off Simpson, that was a horror tackle.

The first point about the penalty, that's what linesmen are for?

He could and should have seen it surely?

The deflected shot/cross that should've been a corner. I and the entire Devonport saw it was deflected and we were some considerable distance further from it than he was.

And as others have said, even the Orient players started positioning for a corner.

I'm normally one to sympathise with refs and I'm not always sure it's best to get on their backs as then they will be biased.

But this bloke really was God awful, I've never heard our lot sing so vociferously and in unison at a ref before like that, and deservedly so.

Apr 6, 2009
Having only been listening on argyle player on Tuesday I haven't commented on the penalty appeal until now. But having seen in on the extended highlights the only thing i can think is that the referee seriously needs to go to specsavers!!

Mike Greening

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 2, 2008
It's something that we haven't had at our club for a long time. A manager is willing to stand up and give schitt refs a hard time. Lets hope he manages the gets some hard facts, maybe from match DVDs and takes it further. The supporters have seen this happen for far to long. I have been convinced for a long time that refs don't like travelling down here and that maybe gives rise to a hidden agenda. As for ref's and the respect with quite a few that is an utter joke. :furious:

Sep 23, 2005
Pleased that DA spoke out and hope that the FA doesn't slap him down. I have been whinging about Andy Woolmer for a decade and feel totally frustrated that he is still out there getting in the same tangles after all this time.

As others have said there is loads on the internet about his inept performances over the years yet this guy still gets Championship games which I find amazing. Is it just coincidence that we always catch the worst of him? It was amusing that before the game I warned all around me in The Lyndhurst what was to come from Mr Woolmer and boy did he come up trumps. By the end he had the entire Argyle support up in arms and I had people coming up to me to say how right I had been.

I just hope we never get Mr Woolmer again, I'm sure if PAFC has any say that will be the case.

IJN

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Nov 29, 2012
Dan Ellard":19i0yf9u said:
The one we had at Stevenage away this season was even worse.

He was bad but he was simply a homer.

Woolier was far, far worse in my opinion.

THAT tackle a yellow???

No penalty?

Never mind Specsavers the man needs a white stick and labrador. :facepalm:

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
I might be in the minority on this but my initial reaction and the reaction of the guy I was with was that he got it right on the Gregg Wylde non-corner/goal kick. I certainly didn't think the ball changed trajectory after he'd kicked it. It was just a very poor shot.

Nov 4, 2012
GreenMatt":2ctqmz3o said:
I might be in the minority on this but my initial reaction and the reaction of the guy I was with was that he got it right on the Gregg Wylde non-corner/goal kick. I certainly didn't think the ball changed trajectory after he'd kicked it. It was just a very poor shot.

Then the angle you were at deceived you. I was looking right down the barrel of it and it was 100% definitely a corner.