Season ticket prices | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season ticket prices

May 16, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":2xfry0b0 said:
Shankster":2xfry0b0 said:
Exactly, gate receipts are part of the income stream but commercial activities, EFL funds, shirt sales, food and drink, corporate activities are all part of the bigger picture

Sell more ST at a far mor reasonable price to increase the other activities inside the stadium

It doesn't work like that in reality though. If you make the tickets cheaper, people DO NOT spend the money they save on extras. In fact it's the opposite. Charge £10 to watch a film in a cinema and they are likely to buy a hot dog. Charge £150 for a ticket for the opera and they're more likely to spend £75 per head in a fancy restaurant as a part of the night out.

Not many people in the SouthWest that I know of that spend £225 every other week on a trip to their local Opera House. Might be a few that spend a Tenner a week in the Picture house though.

So are you suggesting higher ST prices to increase the ancillary spending ? You've not quite grasped the lower league 'thing' yet have you.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, you’re making an assumption that substantially reducing the ticket prices means 1) more people will come, and 2) they’ll spend more around the club.

That’s quite a gamble when you’re playing with your main source of income, and you could (and probably) will end up losing a lot of money.

I think Argyle are getting the prices and various promotions pretty much right, and if they can charge a few hundred more for the new premium seats then great.

I also think prospective fans were likely to scoff at a £22 seat in a dilapidated grandstand, but £22 in a decent seat in nice surroundings watching good football is far more attractive.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
No. Maybe I didn’t word it correctly but I once saw a report that attempted to prove that if you reduce ticket prices, ancillary spend per head reduces too. Not just at sports events but in virtually all leisure activities.

Simon Jordan once claimed that every time he had a match where he reduced admission prices, the number of programmes sold per 1,000 attendees actually went down as did food sales in the stadium which somewhat proves the point I made.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Biggs":24t51m7d said:
Yep, you’re making an assumption that substantially reducing the ticket prices means 1) more people will come, and 2) they’ll spend more around the club.

That’s quite a gamble when you’re playing with your main source of income, and you could (and probably) will end up losing a lot of money.

I think Argyle are getting the prices and various promotions pretty much right, and if they can charge a few hundred more for the new premium seats then great.

I also think prospective fans were likely to scoff at a £22 seat in a dilapidated grandstand, but £22 in a decent seat in nice surroundings watching good football is far more attractive.

I think the prices are about right too. If we drop the price we’ll lose income, if we put them up we could lose fans.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
How does our ST compare with other clubs in our league I have always thought they were good value.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Good value?
Football is for the working person or the retired with money to waste.
I long gave up trying to watch Argyle because its expensive so watch step 5 football in the toolstation.
OK it's not professional players but the fun factor is there, unlike Home Park.

May 16, 2016
Lancastergreen":1uqri36v said:
Good value?
I long gave up trying to watch Argyle because its expensive so watch step 5 football in the toolstation.

I thought Football was for everyone.

The prices might not be though.

May 16, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":3vuslfmq said:
No. Maybe I didn’t word it correctly but I once saw a report that attempted to prove that if you reduce ticket prices, ancillary spend per head reduces too. Not just at sports events but in virtually all leisure activities.

Simon Jordan once claimed that every time he had a match where he reduced admission prices, the number of programmes sold per 1,000 attendees actually went down as did food sales in the stadium which somewhat proves the point I made.

It proves that if you reduce prices to include people who normally can't afford to go, they might go because they can rustle up the money for the ticket, the fact that they can only afford a reduced price ticket means they wont have much spare change for the overpriced food and programme.

It's basic economic social awareness not some complicated formula. I dont think hugely reduced Ticket prices (like Bradford) would work or be sustainable in the long term for Argyle, but the occasional ticket promotion doesnt hurt, fairer catering and Shop prices would go further I think.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Lancastergreen":uq9enj58 said:
Good value?

I know times are tough for lots of people, but as well as the various promotions through the season I don't see how a tenner for an under-18 or 20-25 quid every fortnight is overly prohibitive. Obviously it is for some people and concessions for jobseekers etc can perhaps be found (or is this already a thing?) but the standard pricing isn't ridiculous.

The balance is about right I think, it needs to be affordable AND generate enough funds for the club to be competitive.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Football in professional leagues is expensive, if you're in a well paid job or have money to throw away because you have a good pension then its affordable. Some of us are out of work, it's the way of life of course so you live within your means.

I attend matches in the toolstation league for £6 a game which is three times for one Argyle match, I don't see amazing players but I still see a good game.

I'm not saying the ticket should be £6 of course but I think people who always attend forget that some people, aka plastics, cannot attend because its so bloody expensive.

I would love to see us play or own a season ticket like many others, football though is no longer affordable at this level and this will never change.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I hope you take advantage of the free PASOTI tickets LG.

We created the system so people who find themselves a bit skint, can still attend on occasions.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I did it once last season IJN which was great and was meant to go a few weeks back but one of my children needed me so I couldn't attend. I understand its only once per season which makes sense so will apply again next season. It is great that you do this and it gives so many people a great opportunity.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Coventry is deemed to be a Category A game, I believe. Different pricing structure for the categories.