Sarce's penalties | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sarce's penalties

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":2yni2lyh said:
Balham_Green":2yni2lyh said:
Its quite a pity when you cant start a genuine debate on a subject of potential interest without being abused by idiots.
Something similar happened on my 'win nothing with kids' thread. If you disagree then debate by all means. Very boring if everybody agreed. Seems that is impossible for the feeble minded.

Clive, we've received yet another complaint via the ! button. You have amassed more complaints than the rest of the posters put together.

I actually like you on here, many others don't, but again I have to warn you as to your posting style (as highlighted above) which was the point of the complaint.

Please, please, please attempt to stop this type of 'playing the man' or you will unfortunately be banned from this forum (not the site) for a very long time. Again I emphasise you are becoming the man that causes the hijacking of threads which is of detriment to this site.

Ian

Ian
I was responding to somebody who, unprovoked, called me an 'attention seeking douche' and a troll for merely starting a thread. In the interest of fairness have you spoken to that 'gentleman'? I TRY not to start things(dont always get it right)but I WILL respond.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Penalties themselves are pretty boring aren’t they, kind of like watching a tennis serve but all takes at least five times longer. Penalty shootouts, definitely heading for the car park.

If any player does end up with a long term 100% record then they might as well abolish the pen and just award a goal. Closest to that from memory is Le Tiss, always seemed extremely unlikely to miss.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Gary_Wills":e08n1tj2 said:
Penalties themselves are pretty boring aren’t they, kind of like watching a tennis serve but all takes at least five times longer. Penalty shootouts, definitely heading for the car park.

If any player does end up with a long term 100% record then they might as well abolish the pen and just award a goal. Closest to that from memory is Le Tiss, always seemed extremely unlikely to miss.
So if Argyle get to Wembley in the play offs this season and it goes to penalties you’ll be walking out and miss out on potential celebrations?

I hope it doesn’t come to that though and we get the top 3. My nerves would be all over the place!

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Do love the playoffs, knock out games where everything’s on the line, nought beats that.

Pens at Wembley, game’s done, might as well head out yes.

Oct 5, 2013
Balham_Green":110x9slp said:
Its quite a pity when you cant start a genuine debate on a subject of potential interest without being abused...

Yes, I agree with this part of your point.
This is a discussion forum!
And we ALL would do best to be ‘kind’ to one other.

Oct 5, 2013
Balham_Green":1c6iuxsb said:
IJN":1c6iuxsb said:
Balham_Green":1c6iuxsb said:
Its quite a pity when you cant start a genuine debate on a subject of potential interest without being abused by idiots.
Something similar happened on my 'win nothing with kids' thread. If you disagree then debate by all means. Very boring if everybody agreed. Seems that is impossible for the feeble minded.

Clive, we've received yet another complaint via the ! button. You have amassed more complaints than the rest of the posters put together.

I actually like you on here, many others don't, but again I have to warn you as to your posting style (as highlighted above) which was the point of the complaint.

Please, please, please attempt to stop this type of 'playing the man' or you will unfortunately be banned from this forum (not the site) for a very long time. Again I emphasise you are becoming the man that causes the hijacking of threads which is of detriment to this site.

Ian

Ian
I was responding to somebody who, unprovoked, called me an 'attention seeking douche' and a troll for merely starting a thread. In the interest of fairness have you spoken to that 'gentleman'? I TRY not to start things(dont always get it right)but I WILL respond.

Difficult though it is to do, you could try ‘turning the other cheek’ and rising above any insults.
And then use the report button if others persist in insulting you personally rather than just disagreeing with your views.
There’s no need for anyone to insult anyone else on here, all they need do is say they think their views are nonsense!
I also like reading your posts.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Three of us in a row simultaneously expressed unusual nervousness as we saw Sarce about to take the penalty on Tuesday....quite funny as it became a “mini-mass panic” thing.
Maybe it was because we were up so close, but my “theorising” focuses on the fact that it closely followed his previous pen( v Crewe), not so close together( obvs!) as at The Gas, but still recent enough for “how do I make this different ?” ..” facing this large “dancing” keeper who’s almost certainly seen my recent pens”
I half-expected then that it might be time to “ ring the changes” & would be surprised if we continue to get penalties awarded to us at the recently high rate and at some point someone else doesn’t step up.

Aug 5, 2016
GreenThing":2w4619wj said:
IJN":2w4619wj said:
Balham_Green":2w4619wj said:

Ian

If people can also try to not get involved in a slanging match, it would help avoid threads being hijacked, especially if the post was not directed at you. If you see something you don’t like, please use the report function.

If you ever disagree with Balham Green, he just calls you stupid or suggests you are delusional. That predictability means I rarely quote or bother with him anymore.

I have concluded that he doesn't actually want to debate anything. He more enjoys the opportunity to be rude and obnoxious from behind a device. If he behaved as he did on here in a pub, he would be on the wrong side of a few hidings I would wager. I have always been surprised the moderators let as much go as they do. It is a one man hurricane on here sometimes when he is on the warpath and wants aggro.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":sl7iak4e said:
IJN":sl7iak4e said:
Balham_Green":sl7iak4e said:

Ian

If people can also try to not get involved in a slanging match, it would help avoid threads being hijacked, especially if the post was not directed at you. If you see something you don’t like, please use the report function.

That would be in line with your 'reap what you sow' message would it? :facepalm:

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":31hwqqwa said:
GreenThing":31hwqqwa said:
IJN":31hwqqwa said:
Balham_Green":31hwqqwa said:

Ian

If you ever disagree with Balham Green, he just calls you stupid or suggests you are delusional. That predictability means I rarely quote or bother with him anymore.

I have concluded that he doesn't actually want to debate anything. He more enjoys the opportunity to be rude and obnoxious from behind a device. If he behaved as he did on here in a pub, he would be on the wrong side of a few hidings I would wager. I have always been surprised the moderators let as much go as they do. It is a one man hurricane on here sometimes when he is on the warpath and wants aggro.

Thats just stupid and delusional! :funny: Actually there is very little evidence for what you say. Far worse is said on here. I havent called anybody a hypocrite a troll or attention seeking without any provocation. Many on here dont like to be challenged or disagreed with and many cannot accept ANY criticism or questioning of their beloved Argyle. Would be a very boring site if everybody disagreed.
Anywat I WAS hoping we could get back to the football! Have you not read previous messages suggesting that instead of dragging up an old argument?