Sarce's penalties | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sarce's penalties

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":3eg4rzpf said:
jimsing":3eg4rzpf said:
Balham_Green":3eg4rzpf said:
Cobi Budge":3eg4rzpf said:
Majority have been well taken. The ones against Mansfield & Crewe were particularly good, as well as the first against Rovers. I don’t think there’s an issue myself.

The issue is obvious. He has missed 2 already. Cost us money in the Fa cup and almost a point on Tuesday.

The only person making this an issue is BG.

Most normal people realise that there is no such thing as a perfect penalty taker, unless you have the skill of a Messi or Ronaldo, and a regular penalty taker is going to have the odd miss, with the odd lucky save by the goalkeeper.

You have to be brave to take a penalty. There is a lot of stress involved. If the penalty results in a goal then it is a good penalty, however the ball goes into the net.

Sarc has done a terrific job so far. Long may he continue.

Some people find it difficult to grasp a basic point.
1. A 71% success rate is not good;
2. Just because the pen results in a goal doesnt means its a good pen. There is luck involved also. Very simplistic argument. Like saying if we won we must have played well. Though according to Ron above the pen at Macc was well hit even though he didnt score, Work that one out. Hit the ball hard and very few well be saved from 12 yards. Ask Wotton.

Bit worrying if Sarcevic won the pre season penalty shoot out. What does that say about our strikers?

They were all injured at the time ? :whistle:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
JannerinCardiff":3q0sykjl said:
Balham_Green":3q0sykjl said:
jimsing":3q0sykjl said:
Balham_Green":3q0sykjl said:
Cobi Budge":3q0sykjl said:
Majority have been well taken. The ones against Mansfield & Crewe were particularly good, as well as the first against Rovers. I don’t think there’s an issue myself.

The issue is obvious. He has missed 2 already. Cost us money in the Fa cup and almost a point on Tuesday.

The only person making this an issue is BG.

Most normal people realise that there is no such thing as a perfect penalty taker, unless you have the skill of a Messi or Ronaldo, and a regular penalty taker is going to have the odd miss, with the odd lucky save by the goalkeeper.

You have to be brave to take a penalty. There is a lot of stress involved. If the penalty results in a goal then it is a good penalty, however the ball goes into the net.

Sarc has done a terrific job so far. Long may he continue.

1. A 71% success rate is not good;
2. Just because the pen results in a goal doesnt means its a good pen. There is luck involved also. Very simplistic argument. Like saying if we won we must have played well. Though according to Ron above the pen at Macc was well hit even though he didnt score, Work that one out. Hit the ball hard and very few well be saved from 12 yards. Ask Wotton.

Bit worrying if Sarcevic won the pre season penalty shoot out. What does that say about our strikers?

They were all injured at the time ? :whistle:

Sep 6, 2006
jimsing":2ykvxvk5 said:
Balham_Green":2ykvxvk5 said:
Cobi Budge":2ykvxvk5 said:

I think you will find that football is a team game, BG, that is eleven against eleven.

Sarc has NOT lost us money in the fa cup, the team failed to win and he did not nearly lose us a point on Tuesday. In fact he gained us a point.

You really do have a very skewed view of the game, don't you BG, or maybe you are taking a skewed viewpoint in order to promote discussion.

Either way, you are a very strange person, who likes to promote a view that you know others will take an opposite view of.

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom. And for your psychoanalysis which I suspect you are not qualified to do. Just because my view is different to yours doesn't mean its 'skewed'.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Or because you're an attention seeking douche

Aug 5, 2016
Penalties are so simple in the eyes of a supporter. The fact is it takes a lot of bottle to pick a spot and hit it so hard and sweet that a goalkeeper can't stop it.

Wayne Rooney had a stretch of taking them and scored 5 and missed 4, or something like that. And that is the Manchester United and England record goalscorer.

Sep 6, 2006
Its quite a pity when you cant start a genuine debate on a subject of potential interest without being abused by idiots.
Something similar happened on my 'win nothing with kids' thread. If you disagree then debate by all means. Very boring if everybody agreed. Seems that is impossible for the feeble minded.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":19ilx3m4 said:

You reap what you sow.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Balham as the OP what would you define successful to be?
Dwight Yorke and Kevin Phillip's two top Premier league strikers both took 10+ premier league penalties and had success rates of less than 65%. You assume both played in sides with plenty of alternatives but both were allowed to continue despite what you would describe as worrying success rates.
Others have been worse Mahrez is 6 from 12 for Leics and Man City.
At what point do you say - it's not you anymore.
Rooney, Gerrard and Shearer all have had failures from the spot.
So I guess to determine what success and failure are what percentage of success are you looking for?

Oct 31, 2015
Back on subject like voice of reason

I actually see Sarcs as a successful penalty taker. He mixes it up and is confident.

All pens give the fans a degree of anxiety but I trust Sarcs.

The best pen taker I remember was Wotton but boy you didn't want to try and save those.

I think you are being a bit harsh BG as that success rate is ok. Sarcs can keep taking them as far as I'm concerned

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":ytj2y0zt said:
Its quite a pity when you cant start a genuine debate on a subject of potential interest without being abused by idiots.
Something similar happened on my 'win nothing with kids' thread. If you disagree then debate by all means. Very boring if everybody agreed. Seems that is impossible for the feeble minded.

Clive, we've received yet another complaint via the ! button. You have amassed more complaints than the rest of the posters put together.

I actually like you on here, many others don't, but again I have to warn you as to your posting style (as highlighted above) which was the point of the complaint.

Please, please, please attempt to stop this type of 'playing the man' or you will unfortunately be banned from this forum (not the site) for a very long time. Again I emphasise you are becoming the man that causes the hijacking of threads which is of detriment to this site.

Ian

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":1331bzv4 said:
Balham_Green":1331bzv4 said:

Clive, we've received yet another complaint via the ! button. You have amassed more complaints than the rest of the posters put together.

I actually like you on here, many others don't, but again I have to warn you as to your posting style (as highlighted above) which was the point of the complaint.

Please, please, please attempt to stop this type of 'playing the man' or you will unfortunately be banned from this forum (not the site) for a very long time. Again I emphasise you are becoming the man that causes the hijacking of threads which is of detriment to this site.

Ian

If people can also try to not get involved in a slanging match, it would help avoid threads being hijacked, especially if the post was not directed at you. If you see something you don’t like, please use the report function.