Sam Gallagher (sell on clauses) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sam Gallagher (sell on clauses)

Oct 31, 2015
Tugboat":f4x8sta1 said:
rsp4":f4x8sta1 said:
Alan Nixon reporting £350K

Referenced from.the daily update

£5m sale with a 15% sell on fee is £750k

Yea I know what the maths are mate I was just reporting what had been reported by Nixon.

Are we positive it's a15% clause?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
rsp4":u1wxom2o said:
Tugboat":u1wxom2o said:
rsp4":u1wxom2o said:
Alan Nixon reporting £350K

Referenced from.the daily update

£5m sale with a 15% sell on fee is £750k

Yea I know what the maths are mate I was just reporting what had been reported by Nixon.

Are we positive it's a15% clause?

Only what was reported. I always thought it was 20% but 15% will do considering it’s free money.

Feb 8, 2005
Nixon reports that the fee was £5m with £3m up front, presumably with add-ons, with £350,000 going to Argyle.

I assume that we will get a share of any add-on money as well in the future, when the player qualifies for the extra payments to Southampton, via the add-ons.

My maths says that 15 % of £3m is £450,000 so perhaps the real figure that Argyle negotiated was ten percent not fifteen, and the extra £50,000 is an agreed figure for money up front, rather than money in the future, when the add-ons kick in.

That doesn't sound right to me, as Gallagher could have a career ending injury in his first game for Blackburn, so no add-ons would be eligible for either club.

Either way, it is money that was not expected, and will go towards making the club financially viable again.

May 5, 2006
Does the £350k relate to the initial £3m being received by Southampton, with more to come to Argyle as the extra £2m is paid?

Aug 17, 2005
I would say it is based on the initial 3 mill and we will get more when the other 2 mill is paid. The figures that postey gave on page 1 backs this up if you subtract what has been previously paid to us

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would just remind people that Mr Nixon reported that Nicky Adams was going to sign for us or Fleetwood about an hour after he had signed for Northampton.

I'm not saying he's not right I'm just pointing out he has been wrong.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":3vov7xbi said:
I would just remind people that Mr Nixon reported that Nicky Adams was going to sign for us or Fleetwood about an hour after he had signed for Northampton.

I'm not saying he's not right I'm just pointing out he has been wrong.
And so have you, disputing RL’s opinion that DM is better than both GC and RL :lol:

Tbf big big shoes to fill on the GC front :thumbup:

Jun 2, 2016
When Errington says 'Plymouth Live understands...' I take that as coded talk for Andrew Parkinson has told me off the record. He used the same language during the Lowe negotiations, when the club wanted to manage expectations around hiring dates. So I take Errington's word above Nixon's.

Jan 3, 2017
SwimWithTheTide":3ne8qrkk said:
Also aren't sell on clauses typically worked out as a % of profit rather than % of transfer fee?

Yes, in most cases it's a % of profit not the fee. It's likely any add ons will be exempt from the sell on clause too. Add-ons that Southampton negotiate won't be considered 'profit' but will be calculated in the reported fee.

Hence, it's a little too simplistic to think that it's 15% of the £5m.

B

Bonehead

the_corkscrew":2bxxabg4 said:
When Errington says 'Plymouth Live understands...' I take that as coded talk for Andrew Parkinson has told me off the record. He used the same language during the Lowe negotiations, when the club wanted to manage expectations around hiring dates. So I take Errington's word above Nixon's.

Really?

Plymouth Live understands should read Plymouth Live has just read Pasoti and.....

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
DrP78":1k36yaco said:
SwimWithTheTide":1k36yaco said:
Also aren't sell on clauses typically worked out as a % of profit rather than % of transfer fee?

Yes, in most cases it's a % of profit not the fee. It's likely any add ons will be exempt from the sell on clause too. Add-ons that Southampton negotiate won't be considered 'profit' but will be calculated in the reported fee.

Hence, it's a little too simplistic to think that it's 15% of the £5m.

Fair enough, but I can’t remember anyone quoting a £500,000 fee for him back when (as an example) and it’s more likely he went for £50,000 max so we’d still be talking 15% of all but £5m. Also, aren’t add ons to a third party (us) paid in full before Southampton gets to keep any of the transfer fee?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
With these clauses for Gallagher, Walton and Stephens, looks like we could be making a £1m+ if we are lucky.

Not a bad return all in all.

Feb 8, 2005
I would rather have kept the players, Emu, so that the £m came to us and not another club.

Saying that, we wouldn 't have been able to get those size transfer fees, just Argyle prices.

Mind you had we kept them we might not now be in the bottom tier of the English Football League, eh?