Sam Gallagher (sell on clauses) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sam Gallagher (sell on clauses)

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton

So if Southampton’s value him at £5m ( which they do) and Brentford low ball them (as they do) will we get 15% of the valuation or what’s paid if Southampton negotiate a sell on for themselves?

Feb 5, 2015
Ade the green":w2jtkiz0 said:

So if Southampton’s value him at £5m ( which they do) and Brentford low ball them (as they do) will we get 15% of the valuation or what’s paid if Southampton negotiate a sell on for themselves?

Depends on the wording of the contract but I'm pretty sure usually it's of the total, which would also include a future sell on. So, if it's 15% at the rumoured £5m, it's £750k now. If Saints add on their own 20% of profit clause, for example, and he goes to a new club next year for £10m, we would be entitled to 15% of the 20% of £5m (the profit). So, 15% of £1m is an extra £150k.

Edited to add: This is why sometimes there are greatly inflated prices, because the selling club values a player at x price, but owes x amount to the player's former club, so they add that on top so that they get their actual valuation.

So it's possible Saints really value Gallagher closer to £4m, but they owe us a load of money when he's sold so will bump it up.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
15% of the sale or 15% of the profit made?

Feb 5, 2015
Tugboat":o6j9ht3h said:
15% of the sale or 15% of the profit made?

That totally depends on the terminology. It's usually of the 'total', but whether that's total sale, or total profit, is a detail thing.

Feb 5, 2006
Plymouth.
Sky Sports now reporting that a fee for Gallagher has been agreed with Blackburn and expect the deal to be completed over the weekend.
Should be the best part of 1 million quid heading down here as part of the sell on I would imagine which is excellent news!

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Saturday Service":1k5i6wae said:
Sky Sports now reporting that a fee for Gallagher has been agreed with Blackburn and expect the deal to be completed over the weekend.
Should be the best part of 1 million quid heading down here as part of the sell on I would imagine which is excellent news!
Typical Argyle. Typical Argyle prices. :whistle:

May 8, 2011
Saturday Service":1493eqxj said:

When Argyle receive any money will depend on the terms of the transfer.
If the transfer fee is paid in instalments Argyle will receive their percentage of each instalment when Southampton get paid. May be spread over several years.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨