Ryan Lowe thread | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe thread

The PNE web site makes fascinating reading. The ‘Lowe out’ topic now has over 75% voting for him to be sacked. There are suggestions that not recruiting Schuey as a partner was an error, as RL totally lacks tactical nous. Apparently after Watford’s third goal yesterday he just sat down looking stunned, and didn’t realise that the boos as he left the pitch were for him, followed by applause for the team behind him.

Oct 31, 2022
I saw on Twitter last night that #pnefc was trending with most fans calling for him to be sacked.

To be honest with you, I'm not sure I see what the point in sacking him would be?

They would've been unlikely playoff contenders, so they're a top-half/mid table side. If the results had been 1-0 losses instead of 4s and 5s, they'd be exactly where they would've expected to be.

I understand that big losses are hard to take and do lead to sackings. But the board ought to have a plan going forward if they are going to sack a manager who has the team meeting expectations. If they sack Lowe and bring in any old replacement, they'll probably finish the season about 8th...

1702829163341.png

But they can sack him if they like - I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Last edited:

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
IMG_0299.png

Last edited by a moderator:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Where do Preston fans expect their team to be? From the outside they are a higher midtable Championship team with a chance of the play-offs and that's exactly where they are.

Lowe was fist pumping during the week after a midweek away win, taking all the glory again as the players stood back.

Reactions: Rogue
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I don’t know what has happened at Preston because I thought they were good when we played them. I would bet my mortgage on Shuey managing in the Prem before Lowe ever does.

Reactions: Tavy Tony
Oct 10, 2018
Some argyle fans are soooo bitter, if Shuey left for a Premiership clu, guarantee within four months those fans lording over him now will be sharpening their knives if he had a few negative results.

Feb 13, 2021
Some argyle fans are soooo bitter, if Shuey left for a Premiership clu, guarantee within four months those fans lording over him now will be sharpening their knives if he had a few negative results.
Shuey has too much respect from the fans for that to happen. Brylcream Boy is a different character who is not even capable of tieing Shuey's shoe laces