Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Unfortunately this is going to happen throughout the season (once it restarts) when a manager gets the sack from any championship or league 1 club.

It’ll get very tedious and boring no doubt

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat":3o3lfjg4 said:
Unfortunately this is going to happen throughout the season (once it restarts) when a manager gets the sack from any championship or league 1 club.

So you are obviously confident that Ryan Lowe will still be manager of Argyle by the end of next season.

Would you bet money on that?

Jul 3, 2013
Knibbsworth":g2kd2dga said:
Tugboat":g2kd2dga said:

So you are obviously confident that Ryan Lowe will still be manager of Argyle by the end of next season.

What odds are you offering me? not many people offer a bet like that after the market has already been settled like!

Jul 6, 2005
Knibbsworth":wjwhzvgk said:
Tugboat":wjwhzvgk said:

I think he will be sacked by Argyle after a shambolic 5-1 defeat away at table-topping Exeter in the penultimate game of the season which confirms the League 1 title and promotion to the Championship for them and condemns us to relegation back to League 2.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
demportdave":bi9fx1uh said:
Knibbsworth":bi9fx1uh said:
Tugboat":bi9fx1uh said:

I think he will be sacked by Argyle after a shambolic 5-1 defeat away at table-topping Exeter in the penultimate game of the season which confirms the League 1 title and promotion to the Championship for them and condemns us to relegation back to League 2.

You failed to quote than Joel Grant scored a hat trick for Exeter after resigning for them in January 2021, on being a free agent after not be able to find a new club. Rubbish eh?

Oct 5, 2013
I think what’ll happen is that we’ll get promoted next season, and then why would RL want to leave before having the chance to prove himself in the Championship? I don’t think he’s interested only in money in life.

Aug 5, 2016
Stiffler":3gyi6ghd said:
Knibbsworth":3gyi6ghd said:
Tugboat":3gyi6ghd said:

What odds are you offering me? not many people offer a bet like that after the market has already been settled like!

Let's say the hypothetical bet was evens.

How much of your savings would you stake on Lowe seeing out his contract, with no club turning his head etc.

Some fans say it will be a long tedious season with Lowe being linked to every job going. But that assumes that he isn't interested in all the jobs that will be available, that he won't want to accept any of them when his phone is ringing.

So as I say, would you bet money that Lowe will be here next season. Are you really confident that if Birmingham or Bolton come calling now, he is too committed/loyal to Argyle to want to think about it? All those 10-15 jobs that come up when the season starts and umpteen clubs aren't doing as well as they hoped to.

There are a lot of bigger clubs than Argyle, closer to Liverpool. I think we are a bit naive to think one won't come calling sooner or later.

Jul 12, 2016
Undoubtedly the more success he has with Argyle the greater the risk of him leaving us. Happens all the time in football so shouldn't come as a shock to anybody .

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
:cry:
HC Green":3u15xdbp said:
Frixx":3u15xdbp said:
Absolute waffle from the OP
Talk about getting page views for the forum. Just senseless stirring up stories over nothing. What must Ryan Lowe himself make of it.

I fully expect Ryan Lowe to be leading us next season whenever that may start. However should he achieve a hat trick of promotions on the bounce its fair to say he's as good as gone. I would hope Simon Hallett has him sewn up tightly on contracts if that is the case.

As people are talking about him and he is the centre of attention I expect he is quite chuffed or as he would say ‘different class’.
Okay I'm going to bite...

Why can't you accept that he's our manager (hopefully for a while longer) because Derek Adams (who I was originally a fan of) was no longer good enough and the majority of fans it would seem wanted him to go?

Jul 6, 2005
We had this speculation with Sturrock Mark 1 back in 2002 and then again with Adams a few years ago. Some Argyle fans were worried sick that they were going to be poached and it almost seemed as if they weren’t sure in they wanted Argyle to be promoted in case we lost the Manager.

The last time a good young Division 4 Manager was tempted away by an imaginative owner with a long-term plan was probably Graham Taylor after he had got Lincoln promoted back in the mid-seventies. Since them, numerous Managers have been promoted from the basement Division and it has proved to be the highlight of their Managerial career. I don’t think that will be the case with Lowe but only time will tell. Let’s hope he can get Argyle another promotion, when he probably will become sought after.

For now, we are stuck with him because Bolton cannot afford to pay any compensation and Birmingham will have a number of better candidates than Lowe who have had some success at that level.

Of Birmingham’s last 5 games, they have drawn four and lost one. Their own fans are not discounting the relegation threat if this form continues. I think only a currently out of work manager would seriously consider them. They clearly need a manager fast for the remaining nine games. A new manager would enhance his career if they stay up, or ruin it if they go down. If you were RL after two successful seasons, would you take that risk?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
mervyn":36f92kxa said:
Of Birmingham’s last 5 games, they have drawn four and lost one. Their own fans are not discounting the relegation threat if this form continues. I think only a currently out of work manager would seriously consider them. They clearly need a manager fast for the remaining nine games. A new manager would enhance his career if they stay up, or ruin it if they go down. If you were RL after two successful seasons, would you take that risk?

The NW has also apparently at the moment a higher 'R' factor than down here. Would you want to put your family at greater personal risk?

Jul 14, 2008
In the current climate I can’t see many clubs paying what would be significant money to buy out Lowe from a 2 year contract. But in any case in my view, he has already completed his key objective of getting us out of the basement division. With our new grandstand and the additional income that brings I hope that we can now kick on as a club and never have the embarrassment of being in the basement division ever again. It was a league we shouldn’t have found our way back down to if it wasn’t for the horrendous mismanagement of the previous manager.

If Lowe does decide to go in the next year or so then so be it. It’s just the nature of supporting a lower league club - managers either get sacked or leave for bigger and better things. They don’t last for too long either way. I’m sure we will hire another suitable candidate when the time comes to replace him.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
L G":olsem2sd said:
IJN":olsem2sd said:
According to the Twitterati there’s a few on the Bolton boards.,

Why am I being asked this, like all rumours they probably stem from a single source which is possibly the betting site that has him on it.
Have you seen the amounts of Twits on there?
IJN REPLIED:-
Still a rumour Paul. Like all rumours they start somewhere and these days it's usually Social Media.

There's even more Twits on Social Media!
(they let us loose on it after all.)