Rochdale Penalty | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale Penalty

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
What was it given for? Serious question.

It looks exactly the same on the tele as at the match. Their number 7 handballs it at the edge of the box and then runs into the box and loses balance.

Was the penalty for the hand (i.e - ref thought it was our hand) or the fall when he landed on Maxime?

B

bizzay1

Deacster":2rcpf3y4 said:
I wasn't convinced on any of the 3 penalties so interested to see replays.

I was in the lyndhurst and wasn't sure about any of them but after seeing them a number of times on sky and the fl show - yes the first the guy handled it, theirs was for a foul on Max (according to one of the sky bods) but I couldn't see why it was given and the third was definate contact (a push) but have seen them not given

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
I've just seen the highlights and couldn't see the first one properly, but the other 2 pens looked very soft to me. Looked like a handball by their player before the 'foul' by Blanchard and I thought Lennox went down easily for our 2nd.

On the whole, I thought the ref was very poor - booked Griffiths for a foul which was barely a free kick, missed an elbow by Adebola on Purse and also gave some soft penalties. But we won, so happy days!

Oct 24, 2010
It's fair to say they were three soft penalties, can't see that Rochdale's was a penalty at all and I'm not sure that Lennox didn't simply dive, if there was any contact it was minimal. Also, the free kick that lead to their goal was a very poor decision. All in all the referee didn't have a great game.

Mar 10, 2011
Plymouth
First a definate handball, the 2nd was no way by our lads, and the third was a clear push on lennox.
As for their free kick which ended in their goal was in no way a free kick, to us maybe but not to them, he jumped, we didnt he fell, simple, that ref yesterday was shocking, A birmingham fan mate of mine took his son and he told me the ref must be blind

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
SurreyGreen":o0xzu7rh said:
In all seriousness, how many pens have we had this season so far :shock:

Burnley
Rochdale X2
Barnet
Aldershot
Morecambe X2
We didn't have one in either of the Aldershot games? But we did have one against Wimbledon. So 7 penalties out of 16 games in all competitions.

3 given against- Aldershot opening day, Port Vale, Morecambe.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
GreenSam":2jx1qgi9 said:
SurreyGreen":2jx1qgi9 said:
In all seriousness, how many pens have we had this season so far :shock:

Burnley
Rochdale X2
Barnet
Aldershot
Morecambe X2
We didn't have one in either of the Aldershot games? But we did have one against Wimbledon. So 7 penalties out of 16 games in all competitions.

We did but Griffiths missed it.... I think.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
football-bet-data":3ql8fpyb said:
GreenSam":3ql8fpyb said:
SurreyGreen":3ql8fpyb said:
Rochdale? :problem:
Of course :doh:

And SG, the one that Griffiths missed and then converted the re-bound was Wimbledon. In neither the opening day nor the JPT game did we get a penalty against Aldershot.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
GreenSam":326929lj said:
football-bet-data":326929lj said:
GreenSam":326929lj said:
SurreyGreen":326929lj said:
Rochdale? :problem:
Of course :doh:

And SG, the one that Griffiths missed and then converted the re-bound was Wimbledon. In neither the opening day nor the JPT game did we get a penalty against Aldershot.
Oh yeah :doh: