Rochdale Beam Back!! (and now Northampton) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale Beam Back!! (and now Northampton)

May 16, 2016
I'm reminded of an old Jack Dee joke about the cost of a postage stamp going up. Soneone moaning at the Post Office counter that it had gone up. The response being, 'well take it back and you get it to effin Glasgow for 35p'.

It is a bit steep to watch a big screen imo, but still cheaper than actually going to the game. Not cheaper than ifollow I believe, but there you go.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Rochdale beamback just about sold out.

Plymouth Argyle FC@Only1Argyle
2 hours ago
Just the one ticket left for the Tribute Legends Lounge beamback of next Tuesday's away fixture at Rochdale.

Jul 29, 2010
Keepitgreen":26k94n6y said:
Rochdale beamback just about sold out.

Plymouth Argyle FC@Only1Argyle
2 hours ago
Just the one ticket left for the Tribute Legends Lounge beamback of next Tuesday's away fixture at Rochdale.
I rest my case. Have a good evening everyone.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
To be fair to the club, what we don't know is what it costs to get the beam back, so if the costs are different for each beam back, then the cost to us each time will reflect that, and fair enough. It might be interesting if someone from the club confirmed if this was the case, although I don't need to know the actual costs of each one,
Pete

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
The fact that this sold out so quickly rather suggests that the price was entirely reasonable and could, perhaps, have been set even higher.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
I've bought 2 and will be there Tuesday. I appreciate that last time it was less but aren't the home teams entitled to some money so it may be that the price increase is based on the fact that the home team wanted a cut/higher cut.

H

handbags blake

It is great news that both of these games are available at the club for the beamback , I was at the beamback for the oxford game with my wife and kids and I thought it was excellent value for money. The problem with these two games as a family of 4 is the expense of £80 for these two games plus the booking fee. The drink and pasty offer did make the oxford game very reasonable but £10 per ticket is too much although I am sure that the response from the oxford game shows that the club probably charged too little. If you are part of a group of friends out having a few beers and watching the game this £10 outlay is absolutely fine but if you are buying multiple tickets for a family etc then I am afraid it is too expensive for me.

Feb 8, 2005
If we want Argyle to continue on an uphill incline then we must be prepared to pay for it. Those that can, will, those that cannot, won't.

It may not be fair to some but it is a fact of life.

Businesses are there to make a profit, and if we, as a fanbase, want the Club to prosper, then we will have to put up with these profit making endeavours.

This may be a small venture, but profit is profit.

We know full well what happens when losses are made, and where that can finish up.

Plymouth Argyle are not a charity.

You cannot complain that we never spend a penny on transfer fees, and then moan about profit making schemes that give the Club extra income.

How do you think the Club will make a profit after the grandstand refurbishment? I am fully expecting differing prices for different seating in the grandstand when it is re-opened. The club will be missing a trick if it doesn't do this type of thing.

Some may say there has to be a balance between profit and loyalty, and I agree to a certain extent, but if we want to play with the big boys in the Championship, then we will have to learn to create profit in order to compete, and the sooner we start, the better, especially as we will have lower income from the reduction in attendances next season.

The overriding factor of supply and demand should determine what prices will be charged.

T

timo66

As I left it too late, if anyone can no longer make it and has one or even two tickets for the Rochdale beam back please could you let me know. Thanks