Rochdale Beam Back!! (and now Northampton) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rochdale Beam Back!! (and now Northampton)

Apr 1, 2009
I thought I'd read that beambacks could only happen if game was a sell-out (for away fans), which I don't imagine is the case. Obviously that's not the case!

I do agree with Nikk that a booking fee on this one is a step too far. It won't affect me, however, as I'll be at the game.

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
X Isle":37obpvzp said:
Jimmytheoneo":37obpvzp said:
X Isle":37obpvzp said:
Jimmytheoneo":37obpvzp said:
£10! Outrageous!
Don't go then. I'm sure it'll sell out without your help.

Personally I see that as a fair price, where else are you going to see it?

Rochdale, that's where, and it'll cost a darn sight more than ten quid.

Honestly, the old 'you can please some of the people some of the time' saying had a rarely used but nonetheless valid final sentence... you can never please miserable old janners :roll:

I knew someone would bite!
I resent the implication that I am old banner
Now if only we had a big screen in the ground!

Get back in your crack aisle. Arrogant prat
Better arrogant than ignorant :cool:

Aisle Isle & banner janner.

Oh you are a clever boy!

As I said previously, arrogant prat!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
nikkk":n31q60vq said:
What ?

And a booking fee ! Please ! This is a chance to give something back to deserving fans at the end of the season. Dear oh dear.

:doh:
Exactly right.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Abbotts Ann Green":3aj06tnn said:
For a comparison, last time I went to the cinema it was £12.75 for a big standard film.

I take it that £12.75 wasn’t more than double what you’d paid on your previous visit to the cinema?

Not really a great comparison, is it.

Apr 24, 2006
Newton Abbot
Clubs are only allowed a max of 4 beambacks per season.
The home side also have to agree to the beamback.

Home sides can charge the away side a fee / royalty for allowing this.

Most recently Sheffield United, Bristol City and Millwall have all charged £10 for the beamback.

Bristol Rovers beamed the fixture at Home Park back at a cost of £7.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Dalton Is God":ugjteq04 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":ugjteq04 said:
For a comparison, last time I went to the cinema it was £12.75 for a big standard film.

What about the pub when the footy is on? That’s probably a better comparison in this case...
When I went to my local to watch TV on football I "paid" by buying 3 or 4 pints. (For the 0-0 at Anfield it was 5!!) They did not charge me an entry fee or a booking fee. So Stella in the Hunters Inn in Romsey goes for about £4.40 a pint. If I didn't live in Hampshire I would be interested in going to any beam back at HP. I would probably not complain about paying up to what I would pay at the turnstile for a home game, plus I would put around £12 across the bar while I was there. Indeed, it is not the up-front charge that is questionable here but to charge a booking fee is nothing short of iniquitous.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
£10 with a pasty and a pint and I would go but, currently, with nothing and a booking fee, no thanks!

Feb 2, 2007
Think £10 is fair given the demand that I'm sure will be. Those going to the game will probably spend £100 ISH so it's a bargain.

Giving a pasty and pint negates the additional income of people buying stuff too. Maybe one of either drink or food would have been nice though considering the previous very generous offe!

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
nick_PASTIE":d0fda79p said:
Think £10 is fair given the demand that I'm sure will be. Those going to the game will probably spend £100 ISH so it's a bargain.

Giving a pasty and pint negates the additional income of people buying stuff too. Maybe one of either drink or food would have been nice though considering the previous very generous offe!

I think it smacks a bit of 'cashing in'. The previous offer should be repeated IMO. The cost comparisons of attending the match and watching on TV are irrelevant!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
memory man":t7o12n47 said:
Dalton Is God":t7o12n47 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":t7o12n47 said:

What about the pub when the footy is on? That’s probably a better comparison in this case...
When I went to my local to watch TV on football I "paid" by buying 3 or 4 pints. (For the 0-0 at Anfield it was 5!!) They did not charge me an entry fee or a booking fee. So Stella in the Hunters Inn in Romsey goes for about £4.40 a pint. If I didn't live in Hampshire I would be interested in going to any beam back at HP. I would probably not complain about paying up to what I would pay at the turnstile for a home game, plus I would put around £12 across the bar while I was there. Indeed, it is not the up-front charge that is questionable here but to charge a booking fee is nothing short of iniquitous.
I was told today that the £1 was for postage. Like for season tickets, you cannot collect from ticket office. Only one £1 charge for sending 2 tickets.

Jul 29, 2010
999mattyg":4lh8fcp6 said:
nick_PASTIE":4lh8fcp6 said:

I think it smacks a bit of 'cashing in'. The previous offer should be repeated IMO. The cost comparisons of attending the match and watching on TV are irrelevant!
I can't believe the fuss over the difference of a couple of quid and the inclusion or otherwise of a bleddy pasty and a pint. Either I am being whooshed by the indignant reaction to this perceived 'injustice' or lots of people are in a very mean spirited mood towards the club at a time that everyone should be buoyant.

Market forces will decide if the club have suddenly become a 'f**k the fans cash grabbing enterprise' or is merely offering a fair price for an otherwise unavailable service. My money is on the fact it will sell out, despite all the knicker twisting.

Instead of looking at this as a 'cash grab', how's about looking at it the other way, you got a ridiculously low price before. Who knows, it may have been run at a loss. Glass half full instead of glass half empty and it doesn't look such an injustice does it. Argyle is not a charity.

Someone even said it should be a 'reward' for the fans, WTF?, so free?, craziness.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
X Isle":1x3utsjf said:
999mattyg":1x3utsjf said:
nick_PASTIE":1x3utsjf said:

I can't believe the fuss over the difference of a couple of quid and the inclusion or otherwise of a bleddy pasty and a pint. Either I am being whooshed by the indignant reaction to this perceived 'injustice' or lots of people are in a very mean spirited mood towards the club at a time that everyone should be buoyant.

Market forces will decide if the club have suddenly become a 'f**k the fans cash grabbing enterprise' or is merely offering a fair price for an otherwise unavailable service. My money is on the fact it will sell out, despite all the knicker twisting.

Instead of looking at this as a 'cash grab', how's about looking at it the other way, you got a ridiculously low price before. Who knows, it may have been run at a loss. Glass half full instead of glass half empty and it doesn't look such an injustice does it. Argyle is not a charity.

Someone even said it should be a 'reward' for the fans, WTF?, so free?, craziness.

I'm not making 'a fuss'. I am merely stating that the original offer should be repeated. I seriously doubt that it originally ran at a loss! If it did then the club should communicate that. I'm sure my face won't be missed as it will doubt sell out!