RL big week for incomings ( it has to be) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RL big week for incomings ( it has to be)

Jul 6, 2005
Jordan Rossiter has been released by Rangers.

I think Lowe would like to bring him to Argyle if we can afford him.

Aug 28, 2015
argyle.life
While we continue to wait for news, here's another bit of fun (we hope!) from us at Argyle Life. I'd say 8/10 would be an excellent score here.

Plymouth Argyle First Transfers Quiz

We need to keep ourselves entertained while we wait for the first player through the Home Park front door. Therefore, we’ve created another quick quiz to test your knowledge of Argyle transfers. Here, we’re asking you to name the first new signing Argyle made in the last ten transfer windows.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
olive_green":17a7mdb6 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":17a7mdb6 said:
Quintrell_Green":17a7mdb6 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":17a7mdb6 said:
Whilst I accept RL is very inexperienced in the managerial role I think he’s a pretty shroud character and I’d be extremely surprised if he hasn’t got his finger on the pulse regards new recruits. Totally understand the fans concerns but I think we need to trust him and his new staff..

I wondered if perhaps he was a funeral director in a former life, too?

He was indeed, but working mournings only not afternoons
Is he in Turin looking for players?

Hopefuly get something wrapped up this week. Bury seems appropriate.
Not winding us up is he? :coat:

Aug 5, 2016
demportdave":1c7v2msx said:

Spoke to a Rangers supporting mate about Rossiter recently, he said 'he's alright when fit but he's made of glass'. Possibly another Jamie Ness.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
demportdave":3l0m3zk5 said:

He’d command big wages and for an injury prone player that’s a huge risk. But he’d be one of the better players in the division if we pulled it off.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Nobby":32njq96s said:
demportdave":32njq96s said:

He’d command big wages and for an injury prone player that’s a huge risk. But he’d be one of the better players in the division if we pulled it off.

From Feb 9th to May 4th , Rossiter played 15 consecutive games for Bury , starting all of them and completing 13 of them , in the other 2 he played 82 mins and 87 mins . Quite possible that he may be over his injury problems ( maybe our new fitness coach has something to do with this ) , if Ryan Lowe is able to sign him , i think he could be an excellent signing .

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
DartingtonPilgrim":stulg42q said:
Nobby":stulg42q said:
demportdave":stulg42q said:

From Feb 9th to May 4th , Rossiter played 15 games for Bury , starting all of them and completing 13 of them , in the other 2 he played 82 mins and 87 mins . Quite possible that he may be over his injury problems ( maybe our new fitness coach has something to do with this ) , if Ryan Lowe is able to sign him , i think he could be an excellent signing .
do you know how many goals he scored please?

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
DartingtonPilgrim":2aptcyno said:
Nobby":2aptcyno said:
demportdave":2aptcyno said:

From Feb 9th to May 4th , Rossiter played 15 consecutive games for Bury , starting all of them and completing 13 of them , in the other 2 he played 82 mins and 87 mins . Quite possible that he may be over his injury problems ( maybe our new fitness coach has something to do with this ) , if Ryan Lowe is able to sign him , i think he could be an excellent signing .

1 goal , 1 assist and 2 yellow cards , playing mainly as a defensive midfielder . https://www.transfermarkt.com/

Jul 6, 2005
:mad: ,
cheshiregreen":upm1724h said:
Bury face 12-point deduction as owner Steve Dale issues proposal to clear debts - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48761650

We know it took a while to resolve getting Lowe now the CVA at Bury may be delaying our efforts to take on some players.

Edit to add further link - https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ts-penalty

Guardian article suggests coaching staff owed £51,000 - no indication if that involves any of the staff who've joined us.
You would have to be something of a legal expert to understand the mess that Bury are in.

However, I assume we negotiated a release deal for Lowe and his staff after Bury had paid them what they were owed. As for the players, those who’s contracts expire on June 30 are surely free agents and thus able to sign for who they want without even telling Bury FC, as Lameiras did with Argyle.

All of the football-related debts have to be paid in full, such as players salaries, regardless if they are still at the club or not. When we were in trouble, we were still paying players who had long-since left and signed for someone else, it didn’t stop them from moving on.

Oct 24, 2013
Stoke signed five players today, just in time for preseason and when the players and managers were back from holiday and agents could get it all signed off. So it does happen.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
This on Twitter from an Argyle who had a selfie with Lowe so genuine.

Went up to Argyle to sort the new season ticket out and bumped into the new gaffer @rlowe15 what a bloke he is!! said the signings will be happening the whole of this week and not to worry

Aug 5, 2005
We've announced the youth team and apprentices. We've announced the backroom staff (with perhaps new social media person to come). Now come the players

Expect a whole load of fun in the next few days!

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Feeling quite relaxed at the moment

Ryan Lowe is building the jigsaw together now with his back room staff appointed

Lots of younger players signed up which is positive for the future

Some of last seasons Players have left and moved on

So we embark on incomings very shortly

Start of a New Era

Exciting Times Ahead At Home Park