RIP Steve Nicholson | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RIP Steve Nicholson

Jul 29, 2010
Thank you for the years of joy before t'internet when ROTG was the only voice for the fans.

RIP Steve :nworthy:

Sep 3, 2009
silkman":1fds2hxr said:
Argyle through and through and one of the nicest blokes you could hope to meet. Visited Steve at the hospice last week and I knew it was the last time I would see him. I have known him since school at DHS in 1977 and attended many Argyle games with him over the years. At the hospice me and my mate Larry Putt held his hands and sang the Morecambe and Wise song ‘Will you miss me tonight when I’m gone’ - a song which the 3 of us sang in the rain whilst waiting to get into the Barnet vs Argyle Fa CUP game many years ago. Yes we will miss you tonight mate and for ever.....RIP xx

That's a lovely post.

I didn't know Steve but enjoyed Rub of the Greens around the time he was working on it and remember his name from that.

Rest easy.

Sep 7, 2006
Rush Goalie":26v8uv1m said:
silkman":26v8uv1m said:
Argyle through and through and one of the nicest blokes you could hope to meet. Visited Steve at the hospice last week and I knew it was the last time I would see him. I have known him since school at DHS in 1977 and attended many Argyle games with him over the years. At the hospice me and my mate Larry Putt held his hands and sang the Morecambe and Wise song ‘Will you miss me tonight when I’m gone’ - a song which the 3 of us sang in the rain whilst waiting to get into the Barnet vs Argyle Fa CUP game many years ago. Yes we will miss you tonight mate and for ever.....RIP xx

That's a lovely post.

I didn't know Steve but enjoyed Rub of the Greens around the time he was working on it and remember his name from that.

Rest easy.

I thought the same - very vivid post. I have old copies of ROTG at home with his name on them, so recognized the name but didn't know him.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Raul 1":8hm6apsc said:
Rush Goalie":8hm6apsc said:
silkman":8hm6apsc said:

That's a lovely post.

Rest easy.

I thought the same - very vivid post. I have old copies of ROTG at home with his name on them, so recognized the name but didn't know him.

Didn't know him but guess I may have met him at some time. So why does that post bring a tear to my eye?
Argyle family. RIP Fellow Pilgrim.

Feb 22, 2008
My older brother introduced me to Rub of the Greens when I was an exile and the post by Silkman brought a lump to my throat too.

Very sad, gone but not forgotten.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Rush Goalie":23ismtww said:
silkman":23ismtww said:

That's a lovely post.

Rest easy.

Echoing the above, I didn’t know Steve either, except by repute; he was clearly loved, popular & respected. RIP Pilgrim

Dec 15, 2012
Hi all.

For a good number of years I was heavily involved in PASTA and therefore knew Steve pretty well.

Steve was so passionate and knowledgeable about all things Argyle, he cared deeply about the club and wasn’t afraid to be critical either when it was appropriate or he disagreed with how things were going or being done.

He spent countless hrs working on ROTG and he was very clear it was an independent voice on all things Argyle from his input.

Steve and I clashed a few times on non Argyle matters, and there was some good banter too, sadly I hadn’t seen him over the past few months, and I feel bad about that.

I’m certain all of us at PASTA will think of a way to remember one of our greatest members, possibly the greatest. Rest in peace Steve, you will be deeply missed.

Matt Chappell
PASTA

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Steve told the history of ROTG to the Guardian .... link

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24