RIP Steve Nicholson | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RIP Steve Nicholson

Jul 24, 2009
Before the internet Fanzines had an important role and Argyle had Rub of the Greens which I used to get and enjoy. Remember Steve’s name and very sorry to hear the news today. RIP

Oct 5, 2003
Midsomer Norton
Steve was great company and will be missed. I loved reading RoTG and later on writing for it. I have so many great memories of those times and drives down to Home Park chewing the fat over Argyle issues.

My favourite RoTG memory was when Steve got accosted by Paul Gibbs’ sister after I’d written an article that questioned his ability. We enjoyed following it up by saying sorry in the next issue - in a follow up titled, “Paul Gibbs, an apology for a footballer”.

I’m running the London Marathon next month for the hospice Steve was being cared for (my wife was there eight years ago) so it will be a particularly poignant run.

RIP Steve, the Green Army has lost one it’s shining lights.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
RIP fellow Pilgrim..

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
IJN":1obku75b said:
Has anyone got a high res photo of Steve?

Have sent you an email

Have a photo from my GoS days, (Colchester Away 2010) - but may not be high res enough

And you may want to edit someone standing to the side out of it anyway :whistle:

Feb 28, 2016
Steve was one of the characters I remember well from my early years supporting Argyle, I seem to remember him selling his fanzine(,which was by far the best Argyle fanzine that I’ve read because it struck the right balance, it never took it self too seriously like more recent efforts and it always raised smile!) by the lamppost at the Spion Kop corner.

It’s an achievement to think he made this viable into the Championship era and I believe he made it subscription only for a while so not sure how long it lasted after that. Of course there was an Internet forum linked with it which caused quite the stir back then, don’t know how involved he was with that!

Spoke to him a few times at away games when we ended up next to each other by chance and he did seem a really nice guy, IIRC he suffered from diabetes, but I was unaware he was battling cancer. He is one of those characters that won’t be forgotten in Argyle circles for a very long time to come.