RIP Alan Miller | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RIP Alan Miller

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
I would say the best I have seen in my lifetime (51 years) to grace the goalkeeper’s position and that takes into account he was only on loan to us for such a short time. He was outstanding in all aspects - consistency, great saves, communication and control with his defence.

Looks like a great man as well, brilliant you tube clip of him singing Frank Sinatra.

Oct 31, 2015
Loved watching that again. The old HP, players who wanted to play, real tackles and a pitch that looked more like a ploughed field.
Ah the good old days :funny:

Thanks for posting I really enjoyed that 10 minutes or so. I was in the Demport for that game. We were rammed in but it was brilliant.

Jul 28, 2020
Very sad news this.RIP.

I remember reading an article when Alan signed on loan for Argyle ( then a championship side). The reporter suggested to Ken Brown that it was a bit of a risk signing an untried 18 year old- the answer from Ken was something like: “ no it’s no risk at all- I’ve seen Alan play”- and so it proved. For him to come in to a championship side and play the way he did at that age- remarkable.

I remember he had a nickname at Arsenal- “Inspector Gadget”- because of his unfeasible/ unbelievable stops and saves.

I was lucky to see Alan at the start of a very good career- great keeper, and also a great man.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I was in the Barn Park End with a mate who was brought up in Liverpool but was a Reds supporter. The strange thing was that we did not appear to be surrounded by away Everton supporters. It was certainly a lovely afternoon for football. I did not see the handball for the penalty and was very surprised when it was given. The replay at Goodison was where Sharp very badly fouled Summerfield causing an horrendous injury and was not sent off. Alan Miller's flying save in the second half was a great highlight..

Reactions: Greendawe

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
Very, very sad news. RIP Alan and condolences to the Miller family.

Taken way too young.

A very talented keeper who played with a maturity beyond his years when on loan with us as an 18 year old.

Jun 5, 2021
Just to echo the comments made by Peter Jones (and no doubt others) that the the Andy Ritchie save was out of this world.
Indeed it was. After all these decades it still sticks in my mind
Thanks for the memory Alan. It was a privilege to see you play
RIP

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Interesting to see two England Schools jersies worn by Alan in the 80s, on sale on Classic Football Shirts.

25% off all products until tomorrow (the reason I was looking) if anyone is interested.