Return of the Mac(ca) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Return of the Mac(ca)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Fair enough tuggers.

Good player though imho.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
"He needs to lose some pounds"- that is ridiculous in my opinion, he is nearly as fast as PCH and pretty strong, plus his low centre of gravity. As an aside Akinfenwa is doing really badly isn't he?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It's curious that the last two loan players to finish spells at Home Park, Scott Griffiths and Alex MacDonald, have both had pieces in the media at the time they were leaving saying how they would love to come back to Argyle if something could be sorted out contracts-wise. I guess everything depends on being able to offload a high earner or to from the wage bill to make space for some incoming players.

Nov 12, 2012
Balham_Green - I agree, how many has he scored since returning for his second spell 1 in 17. Thats only 3 goals per season, not a sparkling return for a striker, though I appreciate he has been moved out wide but I am not sure he has been that involved in many assists either. I'd miss Guy Madjo more when his loan ends, scored 4 in a lot less games, holds up ball well and more likely to be effective in this physical and sometimes scrappy league.

Jul 29, 2010
Is he all that?

Is anyone at Home Park really all that?

I find it hard to mount a case for keeping hardly any of our squad. Beyond Berry and Bhas i've seen little other than flashes of competence and worthiness to bear our badge. Sorry but they're all a bit 'meh' to me, no more heroes i'm afraid :thumbdown:

John Squire

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 28, 2008
Now retired to Uffculme near Willand!
I am really not overwhelmed by this possibility! A hard working player, but I thought he was brought in as a striker. One goal in 14 games plus 2 substitutions, doesn't set the world alight. He has more bookings than goals, but then that's the standard of goal scorers here!!

P

Paul_Roberts

X Isle":3fj1hucz said:
Is he all that?

I find it hard to mount a case for keeping hardly any of our squad. Beyond Berry and Bhas i've seen little other than flashes of competence and worthiness to bear our badge. Sorry but they're all a bit 'meh' to me, no more heroes i'm afraid :thumbdown:

Agree entirely. A bigger collection of dross I have not seen at Home Park since the Kevin Hodges days - but I reckon even his side would beat Fletcher's mob. At least Hodges had Paul MacGregor - who would provide the spark of relative genius which Fletcher's side is completely devoid of - and Chris Hargreaves, who was a very decent player at this level. Not to mention Mick Heathcote at the back and even an ageing Dwight Marshall banging them in at the ripe old age of 35.

The current side will go down in history as the very worst this club has ever had.

Nov 12, 2012
Yes there seems to be a lack of cohesion and consistancy in a match let alone several games, Argyle can have positive spells of 30 mins then suddenly could'nt pass water, or shoot a turkey with a twelve bore for the next 40 mins, then the switch flicks again and we return to getting back at the opposition for the last 15-20 mins, problem is by then in that 40 mins spell were behind and chasing the game. Its frustrating as hell, were simply the wigan of league 2

Dec 19, 2009
Won't be losing any sleep if MacDonald moves on, he's not been at the races this season. Not that he's alone, the whole team (Berry excluded) just stinks of mediocrity. No matter which 11 are selected from the current squad they collectively make up the worse side I have ever had the displeasure of 'supporting' in 45 years.... :sigh:

Jul 29, 2010
Paul_Roberts":2wlrufpt said:
X Isle":2wlrufpt said:
Is he all that?

Agree entirely. A bigger collection of dross I have not seen at Home Park since the Kevin Hodges days - but I reckon even his side would beat Fletcher's mob. At least Hodges had Paul MacGregor - who would provide the spark of relative genius which Fletcher's side is completely devoid of - and Chris Hargreaves, who was a very decent player at this level. Not to mention Mick Heathcote at the back and even an ageing Dwight Marshall banging them in at the ripe old age of 35.

The current side will go down in history as the very worst this club has ever had.

I found Hodges side more attacking too. I don't dispute that side was without doubt the worst up to this lot but at least they had players capable of getting out of your seat.

MacGregor and Hargreaves were great players, Wayne O'Sullivan too could go on a lung bursting run and was a player Luggy was really disappointed didn't stick around.

This lot are as bland a bunch of vanilla flavoured 'whatevers' as it's possible to recall. I wouldn't miss any of them beyond Berry and Bas and I feel genuinely sorry for the younger supporters who defend them or give any significant level of sh*t about them. Guys you don't know any better, rubbish is all you've seen, I hope one day you'll see truly good players, players worthy of the badge and worthy of support.

Macca? .....will always be Paul MacGregor, this lad is a pale imitation, like the whole team is a pale imitation of a Plymouth Argyle team.

A

Ajax66

On SSN that Macca would like permanent move to Argyle after two loan spells.

Jul 29, 2010
How desperate is that?

This is the guy who went back to Burnley this summer to fight for his place in the Championship. Now he's realised if you can't add much flavour to a team as vanilla as Argyle you're probably not going to get a contract anywhere else in league football. So of course he wants a permanent move here.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Ottawa Green":2dufxee1 said:
His latest tweet

alexmacca11 Last game tonight of this spell..

I think he will be back

He wanted to sign in the summer but with changes at Burnley and uncertainty at HP the offer never materialised, he told myself and a few others he would willingly sign but no official offer was ever forthcoming.