Return of the Mac(ca) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Return of the Mac(ca)

Dec 2, 2010
Quite a strange feature on the os about Macca as the inference, if he doesn't come back, is that it says a lot about our aims and aspirations.

Maybe a deal is near being done, otherwise why raise our expectations again when we already have a cornucopia of disappointments?!

We all know Fletch tried to sign him in the summer, but it sounds like salary was a stumbling block. A change of management at Burnley will probably aid our cause; and the prospect of Macca possibly being released in 7 months may temper his demands. Let's hope we can put together a deal to make the move permanent. It could be Fletch's equivalent of Luggy's signing of David Norris.

Sep 6, 2006
I think he is one of our better players but am not convinced he is the great saviour some paint him out to be. I wouldnt lose sleep over losing him.

Jul 6, 2011
Balham_Green":1pt0dz2j said:
I think he is one of our better players but am not convinced he is the great saviour some paint him out to be. I wouldnt lose sleep over losing him.

He does bring something different to the table and when he has a good day Argyle seem to have a good day. Major part of the jigsaw, but not the only piece in the box.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
One of our only players who, imo are of a high League 2 standard. I'm also in the minority than thinks he's better out wide. His finishing and at times positioning are inadequate to be a striker but he's a good wide player. Really hope he re-signs, be it on a loan or permanent.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
not as good this time around as last season thanks for your efforts au revoir.dont think he floats too overweight and dont score enough.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
decent enough player for league 2 from what I've seen of him which quite frankly is toooo much.

How much must he eat on top of ALL that training to still be fat ????

Either the training is inadequate or he is going large at McDonalds every day

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
He could be a good permanent signing but he really does need to lose a couple of pounds.

Where is his best position? To me his link play this time has been better than hoping for an end product but I see the team is better when he plays. Shapewise he reminds me of chuck and he is still fitter than most others in the squad. Maybe he is the box to box midfielder we're missing.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Not as good as he was last season but still one of our better players by quite a way. Hopefully his wage demands will be less in January.

Aug 22, 2006
Well an on-form Macdonald is a quality player and an asset to this division... however...
According to many of his twitter posts he seems a bit... well bored. Ok, now my reaction to him (and actually more so to some of our other players) is to practice... that's what Craig Johnson would say but that's another story.

Of course he has had the sad loss of his grandma, and that's definitely affected his form.

Basically if he wants to come I hope his family follow him down here, they will help the guy enormously, and I'd like him to play a part as he does give it his all, he gets stuck right in and has some real quality to his play. He has to believe in himself... good luck to the guy, I wish him well.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
It's a bit strange criticising his weight - he's the fastest player at the club! At least Williams and Walton were slow chuggers when fans gave them grief.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
In the herald this morning.

Some good news at last if we're able to agree a fee and terms.

Surprised there aren't more comments on this thread.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Underwelmed by the club as a whole and news of a potential deal for a loan player that's already here doesn't do anything for me as a pick me up. Ok player and nothing personal but its good news that is overshadowed by the sheer poo that is Argyle right now.