Relegation odds | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Relegation odds

Sep 28, 2022
I think that there is a fair amount of "clutching at straws" on this particular topic. All this analysis blah blah stuff is basically worthless and to be frank, pointless. Saturday afternoon at 2-30 pm will answer all permutations. Accept accordingly.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
The major difference between us and Birmingham at the moment is that they are capable of scoring goals.

Birmingham have 7 goals in their last 10 games and have failed to score in 5 of those.

We have 5 goals in our last 10 and have failed to score in 5 of those.

So it’s pretty marginal to be honest. Neither team is capable of consistently scoring goals.

Jun 27, 2019
Birmingham have 7 goals in their last 10 games and have failed to score in 5 of those.

So it’s pretty marginal to be honest. Neither team is capable of consistently scoring goals.
And 3 of those were against a badly out-of-form Coventry side distracted by their FA Cup semi.

Reactions: Nobby
Jul 28, 2020

Interesting stats

Not sure how we got into this mess TBH For me this has been signposted since west brom

Presumably no free- agent strikers/ wingers available ? Or is it: no squad places available, for us to be able to sign them??

Nov 18, 2011
Interesting stats

Not sure how we got into this mess TBH For me this has been signposted since west brom

Presumably no free- agent strikers/ wingers available ? Or is it: no squad places available, for us to be able to sign them??
The free transfer deadline was the 4th March when Foster was still in charge and apparently happy with his squad...

Reactions: Railway sleeper
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Interesting stats

More likely a belief that we had sufficient options. I don’t think a single one of us could say that we expected in February that Ryan Hardie and Morgan Whittaker would only score a combined 3 goals in 3 months. If they had managed even slightly below average form we would be fine. Sadly that hasn’t been the case.

Reactions: CarolinaGreen

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Completely agree with this. Southampton are on a terrible run of form (if I remember correctly), so to play them twice gives Norwich a much greater chance of making a final where anything can happen. Ipswich or Leeds over two legs is a far less attractive proposition.

Winning is also a habit - Norwich wouldn't want to start the play-offs following defeat to Birmingham (imho).
That's a very good point. Let's hope they see it that way.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Interesting stats

I would have taken on Sam Cosgrove again. Not Championship quality? Maybe not, but neither are Bundu or Ben Waine.

If appointing Foster didn't work, then getting rid of him didn't work either, and we were always going to drop like a stone accordingly, especially since amazing form by QPR and SW and Blackburn beating Leeds, dragged us into the mire.

Reactions: Railway sleeper
Jul 12, 2016

So you are more confident that we will score against Hull than Birmingham will against Norwich?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
So you are more confident that we will score against Hull than Birmingham will against Norwich?

I don’t watch Birmingham and I suspect you don’t either, so I can only base my confidence on what I see from us and that leaves my confidence very low. That’s why I posted the stats, which show factually, that Birmingham are barely better than us when it comes to goal scoring.

Reactions: Balham Green
Oct 14, 2015
I’d say Blackburn at 16-1 isn’t a bad outside bet. We win, Brum win and Leicester batter Blackburn especially if they slip up at Preston tonight. They’ll want the title.

Feb 14, 2022
I’d say Blackburn at 16-1 isn’t a bad outside bet. We win, Brum win and Leicester batter Blackburn especially if they slip up at Preston tonight. They’ll want the title.

Also relies on Sheff Wed getting at least a point but must say I wouldn't rule it out. Us and Brum both know we must win so will play that way accordingly. It isn't beyond the realms of fantasy that we do indeed both win. Then its all on Sheff Wed and Blackburn and I'd rather be in Wednesday's shoes there, than Blackburn.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Argyle only lose by 1 goal and Birmingham draw.

...and then Huddersfield go and win 16-0 at Ipswich!! It's the way our luck seems to be going :confused:

Reactions: Garland Greene

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
i have, stuck 30 quid on at 8/1 before Millwall. If we stay up im happy... if we go down then that can fund my night of depression on the beers.
I did this too and i've literally been dripping in shame ever since. I can't believe i did it, not as I want to happen but I simply thought it I "win" then it will cover most of my ST next season. It was as simple as that.

£35 I have at 8/1, which just seemed far too high. I still feel utterly duplicitous. Appreciate someone will - somewhat understandably say - well cancel the bet and the shame will soon go away. Not an unfair point.

I have been thinking for a while now I just think somehow, by width of a toenail, we'll survive maybe thats there in my subconscious when I did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belfast Green