Realistic Replacements | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Realistic Replacements

Aug 22, 2006
Dockgreen mentioned Andy Scott and I think that's one of the only realistic names i've seen mentioned as a replacement for Fletcher if it comes to that. Anyone have anymore? Some will suggest an "old-experienced timer" in the George Burley/Paul Jewell mould but not sure if that's realistic anyway. There are of course some young bright managers out there as well such as Newport's Justin Edinburgh who would come here fresh from having a winning mentality if that makes any sense, but not sure if i'm setting the bar a bit too low. Also funnily enough Scott's brother Rob is doing well with as joint manager with Grimsby (not sure how difficult it would be to get them to upsticks.) However do we instead need someone who has valuable league 1/2 experience? What about any assistant managers from the higher league's who fancy being the number 1? I appreicate there's some tongue and cheek posts elsewhere about various managers but i'd be disappointed if I read Martin O'Neill as a possible realistic replacement! If only...

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Mr Gillingham":n81q9xot said:
Stan Ternent, with Ronnie Jepson as his assistant, get used to those names

Jepson ?, no thanks, remember the idiot from his days at Excreta and don't want him anywhere near Argyle.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
MAZZA26":rui5lhm9 said:
Dockgreen mentioned Andy Scott and I think that's one of the only realistic names i've seen mentioned as a replacement for Fletcher if it comes to that. Anyone have anymore? Some will suggest an "old-experienced timer" in the George Burley/Paul Jewell mould but not sure if that's realistic anyway. There are of course some young bright managers out there as well such as Newport's Justin Edinburgh who would come here fresh from having a winning mentality if that makes any sense, but not sure if i'm setting the bar a bit too low. Also funnily enough Scott's brother Rob is doing well with as joint manager with Grimsby (not sure how difficult it would be to get them to upsticks.) However do we instead need someone who has valuable league 1/2 experience? What about any assistant managers from the higher league's who fancy being the number 1? I appreicate there's some tongue and cheek posts elsewhere about various managers but i'd be disappointed if I read Martin O'Neill as a possible realistic replacement! If only...

Realistic names?

John Ward
Andy Scott
Lee Hodges
Colin Lee (he'd be up for it despite No.2 at Notts County)

I can think of other possibilities but the above names would definitely be interested I'm sure.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
imasadpilgrim":2spx196e said:
suggest what you like , im as frustrated as anyone else , im letting off steam in a non abusive way on a forum sorry if it pi***S you off :(

It's not just me pal, you have had several people complaining and sighing in response to you "letting off steam". All I'm saying is that it isn't constructive, if you have feelings to let out then write a non-abusive letter to JB and the board, I hear they read letters from fans nowadays :thumbs:

StroudGreen

♣️ PASTA Member
Dec 27, 2010
Stroud
Tin hat on, but Steve Cotterill for me. He cut his teeth taking Cheltenham from non-league to the Football league. Knows the game and I think he would benefit our club in its current position. :scarf:

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
StroudGreen":98w1ts1r said:
Tin hat on, but Steve Cotterill for me. He cut his teeth taking Cheltenham from non-league to the Football league. Knows the game and I think he would benefit our club in its current position. :scarf:

Yep, I'd be happy if he was appointed, he'd getting us winning games and competing at the top of the table.
Sadly I don't think he'd want the job for the likely remuneration we could offer him.

Dec 28, 2010
Realistic replacements worth mentioning;

Steve Tilson
Andy Scott
Paul Buckle

Steve Cotterill would be nice but i think he may just creep into the unrealistic category.