Reading's woes continue | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reading's woes continue

Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Maybe I’m being harsh but I’ve little sympathy for fans like Readings.
Where was their moaning when their owner had them paying wages that was double their income?
I’m sure The price of football mentioned their wage bill one year was 234% of their revenue and
in 5 years they lost £146 million chasing the premiership dream.

where was the complaints when they signed Meite from PSG on £20k a week, or Joao, or Puskas signing for £7.5 m.
Seems they were perfectly happy for a super rich Chinese billionaire to continue to burn £200m in 6 years and are only complaining now the new rules in China make it impossible for him to keep the funds rolling in.
As a football fan we‘d all love a generous owner but Mr Dai at Reading is the definition of unsustainability.
Their fans loved the boom, here comes the bust

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Maybe I’m being harsh but I’ve little sympathy for fans like Readings.
Where was their moaning when their owner had them paying wages that was double their income?
I’m sure The price of football mentioned their wage bill one year was 234% of their revenue and
in 5 years they lost £146 million chasing the premiership dream.

where was the complaints when they signed Meite from PSG on £20k a week, or Joao, or Puskas signing for £7.5 m.
Seems they were perfectly happy for a super rich Chinese billionaire to continue to burn £200m in 6 years and are only complaining now the new rules in China make it impossible for him to keep the funds rolling in.
As a football fan we‘d all love a generous owner but Mr Dai at Reading is the definition of unsustainability.
Their fans loved the boom, here comes the bust
We have one already. :) :)

Reactions: Bovey Green lady
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
We have one already. :) :)
We have the “perfect“ generous owner. One that understand where the investment is needed and employs a very able team to implement it.
The sad thing is we’re playing catch up to teams that has had a 30/40 head start on us with their infrastructure like Norwich, Ipswich, Stoke etc because we’ve never had an owner with the money, nous and acumen, we’ll not in my time anyway (Bloom was my 1st chairman)

what he won’t do is pay crazy, unsustainable wages, chasing the dream of premier league money whilst putting the whole club at risk if it doesn’t pay off.
Even if we go down as bottom club this year I’ll still back the back the halletts approach as we’ll be a year further down the line with Brickfields and the training ground.
The championship looks crazy this season.
I‘ll bite ya hand off for one place above the drop.

we probably had better players the last time we made the championship but that house was built on san, this one’s on Dartmoor granite

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The Football League are refusing to accept the registration of Savage and fellow signing Lewis Wing.