Reading's woes continue | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reading's woes continue

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Only early in the season but that drops them in to the relegation zone! It also takes Wigan out of it who started on -8.
And the common denominator is that both went from lower divisions to PL with owners quite similar to ours (Madjeski and Whelan). Then, once they passed it on its been pretty much downhill since, certainly in financial terms. I would love to have seen Argyle in the old First Division - I'm not sure entering and leaving the PL delivers a similar experience.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
And the common denominator is that both went from lower divisions to PL with owners quite similar to ours (Madjeski and Whelan). Then, once they passed it on its been pretty much downhill since, certainly in financial terms. I would love to have seen Argyle in the old First Division - I'm not sure entering and leaving the PL delivers a similar experience.
Its no longer about winning or pride, owning a club is all about making money and inflated ego's.

One assumes that these people are multi millionaires due to their brilliance or intellect, that cannot be further from the truth. I deal almost daily with a man who appears quite high up on the "Times Rich list", he is an absolute cretin. I'm not sure if the high life has blinded with him, or its because he has surrounded himself (or they surround him) with yes men and hangers on, but his grasp of reality is almost non existent. Sadly i think this must apply to a number of football club owners. They have no intention of living within their means, its sheer bloody mindedness that they will just carry on regardless.

We dont know how lucky we are.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If he passes the OADT I'd be amazed.

He didn't for Coventry and Sunderland from memory.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Could be worse!

Could be Ecclestone buying it…oh no! He’s now GBP650 million poorer!

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Well Reading were previously owned by John Madejski who founded Auto Trader - do they have an liking to be owned by someone in the Automative Industry :unsure:

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016