Predictions for Bradford vs Argyle | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Predictions for Bradford vs Argyle

Dec 7, 2006
jerryatricjanner":3ogljk2n said:
You really can be a first class plank Brian. A couple of weeks ago you accused me of making comments and when asked to provide the evidence on more than occasion failed miserably to do so. Now you choose to mock me for saying I feel an air of inevitablky(acceptance) that we will lose at Bradford as if I make a regular thing of predicting defeat. Another figment of your imagination I'm afraid. The past few weeks have however drained almost the last drop of hope from me which is why I said this earlier today with the rider that I so hope I'm wrong. Is that so unrealistic in view of recent results, does that deserve you seemingly wetting yourself laughing? Fletcher's "work in progress" as you choose to call it certainly aint looking like it's going to end up as a masterpiece does it? You are rapidly becoming a lone voice in the pro Fletcher camp as one by one the handful of fellow believers in the "work in progress" fall by the wayside with the last 6 results seemingly blowing this theory out of the water. Despite what you think nothing would give me greater pleasure than for Argyle to come up with an unexpected win at Bradford and follow it up with a couple of wins from the 3 very winnable home games that follow. It would mean that my team had probably turned the corner, had strung a decent little run together for the first time this season and was moving in the right direction towards mid table which should be the minimum achievement with this squad and budget. It would mean we hadn't slipped into the depths of the bottom 3 or 4 in the league with the inevitable upheaval and cost of finding a new management and coaching team.
I still maintain as I have always said that Fletcher should have another 5 games up to and including the Exeter game and if he cannot manage a couple of wins by then then Brent will have no option other than to call time on the project. A poor defeat tomorrow and I fear that decision could well be made before the weekend. You can dress it up how you want, you can make as many excuses as you want, you can make as many silly one word and one line comments as you want, you can post as many laughing smilies as you like, you can make as many baseless accusations and insinuations as you like Brian but if your man doesn't pull a rabbit or 2 out of the hat very quickly then his time will be up whether you are the last man championing his cause or not. I truly hope your blind faith in the man proves to be well founded but please don't be so rude as to mock those who don't share your supreme confidence.
:clap:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
You really can be a first class plank Brian. A couple of weeks ago you accused me of making comments and when asked to provide the evidence on more than occasion failed miserably to do so. Now you choose to mock me for saying I feel an air of inevitablky(acceptance) that we will lose at Bradford as if I make a regular thing of predicting defeat. Another figment of your imagination I'm afraid. The past few weeks have however drained almost the last drop of hope from me which is why I said this earlier today with the rider that I so hope I'm wrong. Is that so unrealistic in view of recent results, does that deserve you seemingly wetting yourself laughing? Fletcher's "work in progress" as you choose to call it certainly aint looking like it's going to end up as a masterpiece does it? You are rapidly becoming a lone voice in the pro Fletcher camp as one by one the handful of fellow believers in the "work in progress" fall by the wayside with the last 6 results seemingly blowing this theory out of the water. Despite what you think nothing would give me greater pleasure than for Argyle to come up with an unexpected win at Bradford and follow it up with a couple of wins from the 3 very winnable home games that follow. It would mean that my team had probably turned the corner, had strung a decent little run together for the first time this season and was moving in the right direction towards mid table which should be the minimum achievement with this squad and budget. It would mean we hadn't slipped into the depths of the bottom 3 or 4 in the league with the inevitable upheaval and cost of finding a new management and coaching team.
I still maintain as I have always said that Fletcher should have another 5 games up to and including the Exeter game and if he cannot manage a couple of wins by then then Brent will have no option other than to call time on the project. A poor defeat tomorrow and I fear that decision could well be made before the weekend. You can dress it up how you want, you can make as many excuses as you want, you can make as many silly one word and one line comments as you want, you can post as many laughing smilies as you like, you can make as many baseless accusations and insinuations as you like Brian but if your man doesn't pull a rabbit or 2 out of the hat very quickly then his time will be up whether you are the last man championing his cause or not. I truly hope your blind faith in the man proves to be well founded but please don't be so rude as to mock those who don't share your supreme confidence.

Jul 6, 2011
jerryatricjanner":4swhr0ir said:

This is a joke statement isn't it??
Even your comments in the herald are derided by true argyle fans and fall more into agreement with anti-Argyle propaganda. Supporting your football team does fall into the confines of blind faith, ask any QPR or Exeter fan. I've supported Argyle as man & boy and yes I do get angry with them, ask anyone present, after last saturdays effort I was practically apopleptic.

I wonder if Argyle win or draw tonight or play really well and lose by the odd goal that you will say well done lads or whether you will go silent or go off on another rant?
I think for the sake of your health you should step away from your computer for a while like others who are getting unnecessarily upset, it will just make you ill.

You can call me all the names you want, that's fine, go for it, but I, like many others know the condition our club was left in by Stapes & his buddies and know it will take time to restore us (from running the business to running the team). It's a journey and it will be a difficult one and it's going to take time. If you're a 'pot noodle' supporter and want things to happen yesterday, then you're supporting the wrong team. It aint gonna happen
I'm happy that James Brent states that we are a championship level club in the making, but moreso that he has saved this club for the future generations and if we see a little success in our time then that's a bonus.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
briangreen":srr1yoot said:
jerryatricjanner":srr1yoot said:

This is a joke statement isn't it??
Even your comments in the herald are derided by true argyle fans and fall more into agreement with anti-Argyle propaganda. Supporting your football team does fall into the confines of blind faith, ask any QPR or Exeter fan. I've supported Argyle as man & boy and yes I do get angry with them, ask anyone present, after last saturdays effort I was practically apopleptic.

I wonder if Argyle win or draw tonight or play really well and lose by the odd goal that you will say well done lads or whether you will go silent or go off on another rant?
I think for the sake of your health you should step away from your computer for a while like others who are getting unnecessarily upset, it will just make you ill.

You can call me all the names you want, that's fine, go for it, but I, like many others know the condition our club was left in by Stapes & his buddies and know it will take time to restore us (from running the business to running the team). It's a journey and it will be a difficult one and it's going to take time. If you're a 'pot noodle' supporter and want things to happen yesterday, then you're supporting the wrong team. It aint gonna happen
I'm happy that James Brent states that we are a championship level club in the making, but moreso that he has saved this club for the future generations and if we see a little success in our time then that's a bonus.
Brian, you are making yourself look more and more isolated and ridiculous. You now refer to comments I have made in the Herald. Quite bizarre as I have never made a comment in the Herald in my entire life! Also, where is the evidence of these rants you refer to now? After other wins this season I have reacted positively and hopefully. After defeats I haven't slagged the team or individuals off either. We have been there though haven't we?, unfounded allegations you were unable to substantiate. Give it a rest, as you say the one getting wound up is you with your apoplectic reaction on Saturday.

Jul 6, 2011
John Petrie":22a4fm5w said:
Brian, please stop trying to characterise anyone who questions Fletcher's ability as unable to understand our recent history and the need for a rebuild. It's utterly ridiculous and really doesn't help your argument, particularly as I am yet to read an argument based on the merits of Fletcher for carrying out the rebuild of our club.

This season I expect a minimum of boring mid table mediocrity, I expect a minimum of being able to go and watch Argyle with a bit of excitement about maybe winning, and I expect a minimum of visible progress. With our budget we should really be challenging towards the top and we should really be more likely to win at home rather than lose, particularly given that there is still support from the stands for the team. Argyle fans have been patient, we have backed the team and we have waited for improvement. Many of us are still ready to be patient as long as there is no relegation battle and that we start to see a side being put together. Currently we are in a relegation battle, we don't have a settled formation and Fletch has no idea what his best side is. We are 18 games into the season, well over a third and almost half way through, and yet everything Fletch seems to do still feels like an experiment. By now we should have seen the signs of him understanding what is needed to make attractive football work in this league, not tinkering with tactics and selection every game.

We are in a rebuilding process and the most important part of that is the football rebuild. You currently have blind faith in Fletcher and his team, who have absolutely no experience of running a football league side before they were appointed at Argyle, to carry out this rebuild. I would like to know what you see in them that lets you believe that we are safe in their hands.

I was hopeful after Rochdale that we were finally seeing the pieces fit together. Before that game we had been consistently rubbish and looked like losing in almost every game, after that game we have seen two okay performances and in the rest have simply looked like losing. I cannot see any improvement at all. We may be trying to play better football, but we are doing it without the basic organisation needed to compete and are playing it ineffectively for the most part.

You'll probably give me a sarcastic reply, but please try and remember that I have almost always been an enthusiastic supporter who picks out the positives and please don't even think about questioning my commitment as a supporter, just give me an honest answer as to what you have seen that suggest Fletch is capable of rebuilding the footballing side of our club.

Oh, and back on topic. I can't see us getting anything, so we will probably nick a win and prolong the mediocre agony.

What makes you think I will give you a sarcastic reply?? I agree with most of what you say in your posts, but don't agree with the other fella. I guess I have been singling him out a bit.
I have seen on countless occasions this year Argyle play far better than they have for many a season and not get the rewards they deserve. The way we played last year was awful, but at least this year I have been entertained, on occasion.
Admittedly we've performed horrendously as well, but then again every team in the land does that.
Argyle, when they do play the passing game as they can look as if they could beat anyone on their day, but consistency is missing and let's be honest the manager can only do so much.

A lot of supposition goes on on this website, as in lack of training in certain areas of our play, Griffiths not being eased into full time training, players not being reprimanded, Fletch not signing the kind of players we'd like to see here (who says he doesn't try?).
All I'm saying is we may as well give him to Christmas, support the team and if it hasn't improved consistently by then, well I'm sure JB knows what to do.

Mar 18, 2006
Another 3-0 defeat.

Cant see anything else.

4 wins in 18 games isnt the sign of an unlucky side, its the mark of a very poor one.

Please prove me wrong Argyle !

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
I reckon a 2-1 defeat in the last minute, or perhaps we will be winning and will concede a 94th minute equaliser!! Sounds over cynical, but this side just cant hold on to any advantage until the final whistle,

Bradford are currently poo too having faded, so I dont think they will thrash us, basically its two sleeping giants (for league 2) lumbering around in the mediocrity. Both sets of fans deserve much better, Ive always respected the Bradford supporters for turning out in huge numbers for this league despite being down in the basement for even longer than us!!

Jun 7, 2006
After watching us against Fleetwood I see very little hope we can get something out of this game. 3-1 to Bradford