Positive thoughts | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Positive thoughts

Feb 11, 2024
Lets not get too despondant, we are still in a very good position with survival well and truly in our hands. This is how i see the seqson panning out (i hope im correct in that we survive):

Argyle fixtures/ predicted results:

Millwall (A) - 0 pts
Hull (H) - 1pts

Finish 49 pts

Huddersfield fixtures/ predicted results:
Bham (H) 3 pts
Ipswich (A) 0pts

Finish 47 pts

Shef wed fixtures/ predicted results:

WBA (H) 1 pts
Sunderland (A) 3 pts

Finish 51 pts

Birmingham fixtures/ predicted results:
Huddersfield (a) 0 pts
Norwich (H) 1 pt

Finish 47 pts

Blackburn fixtures/ predicted results:
Coventry (H) 0 pts
Leicester (A) 0 pts

FInish 49 pts

Therefore with our superior goal difference i think 1 point does it for us. A win on saturday would be massive. If im Argyle manager i would go ultra safe/ pragmatic knowing 1 point or better probably keeps us up!

Aug 4, 2011
If we have anything about us we’d mange the game on Saturday against a limited team with nothing to play for. I just don’t think we’re capable of setting out to stifle and battle our way to a point. We’re too nice, too vulnerable against set pieces.
I said it January / February time that I couldn’t see us going to Huddersfield, Wednesday, Stoke or Millwall and winning. Right so far, hope they prove me wrong at the last opportunity

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
I see the bookies have Huddersfield as virtual certs to go down and Birmingham as odds on. We are about 7/1 against. The bookies don’t often get it wrong….do they!! 🤞🏻
We went from 10/1 to 5/1 over here after Wednesday won. It's all nonsense until it plays itself out. What did Optima say a week ago? We had a 1.6% change of going down?

West Norwood Green

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 3, 2004
I’m not sure it’s any more or less nonsense than any other prediction format, including all the postulations on here. It’s just another perspective. On the one hand the odds are heavily affected by the sums of money placed, esp on the exchanges but also, most bookies have extremely sophisticated software, factoring in every possible angle and (current season) historical detail.

Were it not for my moral reluctance to ever bet against us, at 7/1 it’d be worth staking a wedge. If we stay up, wonderful, who cares about the stake. If we don’t, then that’s the next season ticket paid and a nice bit more for the club shop.

Reactions: KJC

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
If we had got beat by a smaller margin and had more fight I would be more encouraged.

We look burnt out and lacking which is my biggest worry
Partly - but we had a week to recover after Leicester. I think it was mostly psychological on Saturday. All the Schuey hype etc.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Did the occasion or full on Stoke physicality totally unnerve the players on Saturday & therefore impact the entire team performance & turn them into a gibbering wreck
Millwall will be doing exactly the same thing this coming Saturday - do our players have it in their locker to raise their game to ensure we get pointage from the game

Reactions: Paul green14
Oct 15, 2017
Let's just get 3 points at Millwall and have done with it!

I would like to believe we could get 3 points against Millwall but I fear that our current tactics will be found out very quickly I despeately hope I'm wrong. The other thing that bothers me is while ceriain
players will give thier all some others might be thinking they will be moved on if we survive and will not give 110% that will need, once
again I hope I'm wrong, and apologise to any player I may have thought that of.