Pompey v Argyle Match Thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pompey v Argyle Match Thread

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pompey stopping us in midfield

Needs a tweak at HT

Aug 15, 2015
Typical Portmouth. Not a great football team whatsoever. Players who kick clumps out of the opposition. Fanbase that see this game as a cup final. Proper tinpot football club.

Oct 20, 2015
Worried RL will just carry on same tactic, which would work if the ref wasn't a homer. Pan should eventually cause a 2nd yellow on one of theirs, but no doubt ref will bottle it at Fratton Park

Reactions: briangreen
Nov 2, 2004
After a harem scarem opening 20 Pompey look really ordinary. Hardie has the legs on Ragget and we can get something from this.

May 16, 2016
Pompey are agricultural but good at it. It's like watching Lincoln just after they got into the League.

Mar 4, 2004
Using their big crowd on the ref but they don't look all that. How I would love to get back level.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Worried RL will just carry on same tactic, which would work if the ref wasn't a homer. Pan should eventually cause a 2nd yellow on one of theirs, but no doubt ref will bottle it at Fratton Park
To be honest I think the ref has been far from a homer.

Jun 27, 2019
Scrappy game, no football being played. Portsmouth have been sent out to target Camara - almost as though they think if you stop him you stop us.

Their Morrell has twice thrown the ball away after conceding a freekick. When are referees going to crack down on that?

The goal was poor. One of their players said something to Brown as he was getting ready to take the freekick and I said to my lad, "I bet he just told him to kick it under the wall." Hey presto that's exactly what happened. Stick a man on the deck!

Hardie has looked sharp but otherwise we've offered little going forward. The wingbacks have been pushed back and we've relied on too many long balls. Camara has tried his best to take us up the pitch but he gets taken out every time he receives the ball. Need more from Broom.

Jan 4, 2011
Gloucestershire
Ref’s looked quite balanced to me tbf - Pompey fans have probably got as much as we have to be unhappy about. Someone’s going to get sent off at the rate he’s dishing out cards though, surely.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
I don’t think Pompey look good, we just need a bit of composure and we can get back into this game. Get Broom on the ball more

Mar 14, 2009
I think this is a good test for us on a few levels.

We are behind. We need to start learning how to take something from games when we don’t score first.

We can’t play our football because they will commit a foul and break up play. So we need to find another way.

They are being very physical and we need to keep our heads but keep battling.

l think we done OK. A smart free kick separates both sides. Both sides huffed and puffed without really threatening play.

Reactions: Sideline Sam