Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
This is a tactic sturrock used regularly, remember him saying, that the more the ball is in the box the more we will score.
Completely agree with this, and he proved it. I don't remember the football being ugly to watch either. Quite the opposite in fact. It was genuinely exciting, and we were exceptionally dangerous from set pieces - completely the opposite from currently.

I'm not saying we need to rip it up and start again, but how many times last season did we have the opportunity to put it early into the box, and instead recycled it, looking for a clearer opening which very rarely appeared.

Just get in the mixer a bit more, and have someone in there who can handle the battle.

Apr 1, 2009
Wycombe play a certain way & have the personnel to be able to execute it
Remember they were a Championship club last season & the majority of the players on their team sheet are Championship quality
For our team to finish 7th on 80 points should not be sniffed at- we finished above numerous so called big boys on what has been rumoured to be a bottom half budget
To pull to pieces the achievement of the wonderful bunch of players that worn the beloved green is just plain wrong- we ran out of steam, we had a small squad, we had injuries to key players, we had players that weren't fully fit but carried on playing through the pain barrier - give these players credit
Schuey has come out & said we lack quality at times, but the players didn't quit, gave there all in every game & left everything on the pitch
Some people have spoken about i want this player, that player (they sound like Verruca Salt out of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory)- our custodian as said on numerous occasions we have a business model, we have a budget
We have a wonderful management team who will pull out the stops to get players that will enhance what we have- we just lack a little bit of quality in key areas that will enable us to break the top six voodoo (being able to consistently beat & play the top six at their own game)
I have complete faith that they will be able to find what they are looking for (y)
I don't think the majority are looking to "pull to pieces" for the sake of it. We vastly exceeded expectation, but ultimately we came up short of where we want to be. In any business, and in most walks of life, if you haven't achieved your ultimate ambition, you work to understand why (in other words constructively criticise yourself), and then seek to put that right. It's very difficult to improve unless you understand the bits that have gone wrong.

Feb 8, 2005
Our ambition last season was to improve on the previous season. We had a budget about 7th from bottom, and we succeeded very successfully.

We did not expect to be anywhere near the play-offs, but you make it seem as if the play-offs were the target from the start of the season.

They weren't.

If Cooper goes then we will struggle to match last season, he saved us a lot of points with his goalkeeping which will not be replicated next season, if he goes.

Nov 18, 2011
This is a tactic sturrock used regularly, remember him saying, that the more the ball is in the box the more we will score.
This sounds a lot like the POMO stuff that was a big part of the old FA's coaching manual which was written by Charles Hughes

It's been pretty out of fashion right now but if a team commits to it there's no reason why it still can't work.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Only worry with Tyreece Simpson if we loan him, is that he was doing well for Swindon last season and then Ipswich recalled him in January and barely played him after that. Can imagine they’d do the same to us if he was scoring goals.

Jun 27, 2021
This sounds a lot like the POMO stuff that was a big part of the old FA's coaching manual which was written by Charles Hughes

It's been pretty out of fashion right now but if a team commits to it there's no reason why it still can't work.
I agree not what I wanna watch myself but I like football to have all different styles, if I team wants to park the bus, be robust or play tika taka then it is up to the other side to set up to deal with that.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Only worry with Tyreece Simpson if we loan him, is that he was doing well for Swindon last season and then Ipswich recalled him in January and barely played him after that. Can imagine they’d do the same to us if he was scoring goals.
don't think a loan is being discussed

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Charlie Austin's free..

Oct 31, 2015
And our CB was either top scorer or very close in that season. Far post, big head, Goal😁😁😁

Jul 12, 2016
Our ambition last season was to improve on the previous season. We had a budget about 7th from bottom, and we succeeded very successfully.

We did not expect to be anywhere near the play-offs, but you make it seem as if the play-offs were the target from the start of the season.

They weren't.

If Cooper goes then we will struggle to match last season, he saved us a lot of points with his goalkeeping which will not be replicated next season, if he goes.
Not ruddy budget mentioned again !