Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 108 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Jul 27, 2021
Yeah about that, it appears that despite me only confirming what someone else broke, that I tread on a few too many toes with this one yesterday. So it looks as if my strike rate will be non existent from now on. Ah well it was a blast while it lasted. What I didn’t know was how far off this platform it had spread with widespread mentions on Twitter. So that is it, Moleman out. 👋🏻
You are Dominic Cummings and I claim my £10

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Yeah about that, it appears that despite me only confirming what someone else broke, that I tread on a few too many toes with this one yesterday. So it looks as if my strike rate will be non existent from now on. Ah well it was a blast while it lasted. What I didn’t know was how far off this platform it had spread with widespread mentions on Twitter. So that is it, Moleman out. 👋🏻
To be fair, I’m pretty sure Whittaker’s name was being speculated about well before you ‘confirmed’ the deal. In fact, I remember speculation about us signing Whittaker 12 months ago, or at least discussion about whether we should. So I wasn’t especially impressed (;)) when you gave the green light to this rumour as I reckon pretty much any of us could have done that and had a pretty good chance of being correct!

Reactions: monkeywrench
Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
I have no link , just a work colleague, yeah I know but apparently PNE are interested in Luke Jephcott, an international player on there site , who knows??

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I have no link , just a work colleague, yeah I know but apparently PNE are interested in Luke Jephcott, an international player on there site , who knows??

Preston couldn’t afford Luke Jephcott imo

• Haha
Reactions: Mark Pedlar
Sep 2, 2008
Jephcott is League two level. By posting this, you obviously think the rumour may actually have some credibility and that he could play in the Championship.

Where has all the common sense gone?🤦‍♂️

Reactions: max

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Jephcott is League two level. By posting this, you obviously think the rumour may actually have some credibility and that he could play in the Championship.

Each to rheir own opinion but I think he is much better than that. He has more than held his own at a young age in League 1 and continues to develop.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

The facts prove that Jephcott has a good goal scoring ratio of minutes played to goals scored at League 1 level.

Common sense shows that he’s certainly done pretty decent at League 1 level - it’s just your opinion of Jephcott that he’s League 2 level, and I reckon you’re on your own with that one.

Sep 2, 2008
Each to rheir own opinion but I think he is much better than that. He has more than held his own at a young age in League 1 and continues to develop.
I agree JJ, opinions are like a*seholes…everyone has one.

Thing is though, has he really held his own in league one? Does he continue to develop? I would say ‘no’ on both.

The lucky run he had in front of goal dried up a long time ago and I would say his performances at the tail end of the season showed that he has most definitely not developed.

He will no longer feature in the National side and whereas he will most probably start the first few games, I don’t think it will be long before he starts to get a regular slot on the subs bench. Schuey will be loyal to him in the early part of the season but he isn’t stupid enough to continue flogging a dead horse.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Well obviously. We all know that finishing isn’t Mayor’s strongpoint - reams have been written about this and there are several posters on here who are the font of all knowledge about such things. But I reckon that if he was given A 4 point plan he’d probably soon put a gloss on things.
Oh dear Tim 🤦‍♂️

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Thing is though, has he really held his own in league one? Does he continue to develop? I would say ‘no’ on both.

The lucky run he had in front of goal dried up a long time ago and I would say his performances at the tail end of the season showed that he has most definitely not developed.

He’s got 26 goals over two seasons in League One. If he’s not “holding his own” then the most of the other strikers in this division clearly aren’t good enough for League One either.

Sep 2, 2008
He’s got 26 goals over two seasons in League One. If he’s not “holding his own” then the most of the other strikers in this division clearly aren’t good enough for League One either.
Ahh...I see where you're coming from.

You seem to think that as a striker all you have to do is score goals. You obviously don't think that there is more to the role.

Fair dues. If that is how you measure a player then I can see your point.

Sep 2, 2008
Why feed the troll?
Not trolling at all. Just providing a different viewpoint.

Unlike a lot of people on here I do not get wrapped up in the emotion of the game and buy into the hype that the Club/players try to generate.

I simply look and listen and say things as I see them. The Club and the players just churn out what you want them to say and they say it in a way that means that they cannot be held accountable or responsible. The way that some fans interpret their words is quite mind boggling at times.

Dewsnip is a master at this way of communicating.

Reactions: RichieB
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Ahh...I see where you're coming from.

You seem to think that as a striker all you have to do is score goals. You obviously don't think that there is more to the role.

Fair dues. If that is how you measure a player then I can see your point.

It’s not the assessment of his qualities I’m disputing it’s the comment that he is “not holding his own”. There are a lot of ways he can improve, no doubt, but his goal scoring record is proof he is “holding his own”.

If he was having no impact at all your comments may have some substance to them. But he score goals and gets assists which is the primary function of a forward player.

Reactions: David Doidge