Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 49 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Matt Green Army":1wae71wl said:
WoodsyGreen":1wae71wl said:
It must be a player already in the UK because Brexit rules mean we now have no chance of signing players from abroad.
Ive heard off one of my friends its Macauley Gillesphey from brisbane roar

Good shout sir!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am just surprised nobody has yet been onto the Australian club's website to discover what weaknesses our latest CB apparently demonstrates under pressure! :thumbup:

Nov 2, 2004
We need two more centre backs , or one if we have a Sawyer type who can cover.I assume at least one and possibly both will be loans.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
I have just watched Brisbane lose to Adelaide and kept an eye on Gillesphy throughout.
He has a bit of height and maybe speed but apart from that he played as if he was trying his best not to get injured. So didn't impress me at all.

Feb 22, 2021
khennes_904":raar7gaq said:
I have just watched Brisbane lose to Adelaide and kept an eye on Gillesphy throughout.
He has a bit of height and maybe speed but apart from that he played as if he was trying his best not to get injured. So didn't impress me at all.
Ever considered why he didn't want to injured? Maybe he's signed a contract with a new team? :facepalm:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
khennes_904":zugit8gn said:
Have you seen him play on other occasions?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
khennes_904":x4k9wz87 said:

Maybe because he knew he’d be signing for Argyle soon after…

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The three new signings were all mentioned on this thread before they signed, one speculative and two 'in the know'.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
CoventryGreen":25xd6n14 said:
khennes_904":25xd6n14 said:
Ever considered why he didn't want to injured? Maybe he's signed a contract with a new team? :facepalm:

Sorry I didn't think that I would have to state the obvious.

Jul 28, 2020
Gloucester live is reporting that Cheltenham Town are now out of the running for Exeter City striker Ryan Bowman . However, it continues- that two other league - clubs are in for the striker. Bowman ( who has also played for Torquay previously) has another year left on his contract and it would take “a substantial five figure sim” to secure his services.

We’ve been linked with John Akinde, but having seen both players in action, I think Bowman a much better fit for Lowe’s style of play.

Bowman, 29, is 6’2” and I would describe him as an all- action centre- forward. He was initially signed as a replacement for Jayden Shockley, and has hit 35 goals in 97 city appearances. Last season he finished in second place behind Matt Jay, with 14 goals.

I think I’ve mentioned previously that I’m a bit of a Ryan Bowman fan- so I’m hoping that Argyle are one of the two clubs now linked to him. It’s a speculative post, I know, but I think Bowman would be the ideal partner for one of Argyles excellent finishers.

If your interested there’s a selection of Ryan’s goals for City on YouTube- have a look..... let me know what you think .....

Jul 28, 2020
There are a couple of typos on my original post - should have emphasised that the two clubs interested in Bowman are league 1 sides.

Friend of mine is a city fan - reckons there’s possible mileage in an Argyle interest. He thinks a sale this summer is likely ( they always seem to have to make one sale for cash flow ). There’s been a mention on Exeweb, he says.

Mar 14, 2009
Emeraldinho":144qz31v said:
Pity it’s not Jayden Stockley we’re interested in - I always thought he’d do a good job for us.

Im the same. However, it’s difficult to compete with clubs like Charlton who he signed for.

Jul 28, 2020
Unfortunately we will never be able to compete wages- wise for players who have made it ( the Luton version of sonny Bradley, the Charlton version of Jayden Stockley) )- what we can do, is take a punt on upwardly mobile players - the Dan scarr’s , the Dwight Marshall’s and maybe the Ryan bowmans

More fun anyway, IMO

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Railway sleeper":2vqbhv40 said:
Unfortunately we will never be able to compete wages- wise for players who have made it ( the Luton version of sonny Bradley, the Charlton version of Jayden Stockley) )- what we can do, is take a punt on upwardly mobile players - the Dan scarr’s , the Dwight Marshall’s and maybe the Ryan bowmans

More fun anyway, IMO

Yep I see Wigan who are quietly having a good couple of weeks have signed Max Power, not that he would have considered us, but he is the kind of player we should be looking to sign in the not too distant future. I think mid table should be a realistic aim this season if we can keep our back three fit and healthy.