Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Dec 29, 2011
Maddison has just signed for Spalding(non league) I believe.It seems he wants to enjoy football without the rigours of being a professional footballer

Nov 18, 2011
Nobby":2aqdui9w said:
JannerinCardiff":2aqdui9w said:
Not sure if already mentioned somewhere but Marcus Madisson has been released by Charlton. Was on loan at Bolton towards the back end of last season helping them to L2 promotion.

Still only 27 and certainly good enough for us - worth a shout?

No thanks. Horrible attitude. There's a reason he's had so many clubs.

Wow, in terms of talent Maddison should be at least a League 1 player.
Bit mean to say he's had so many clubs, not really anymore than most modern players, he had 6 seasons at Peterborough.

It was mentioned by another poster that he doesn't want the pressure of being a professional footballer, this is pure speculation but it could be something to do with his mental health and not a alleged attitude problem?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Nobby":e2pe9ruf said:
JannerinCardiff":e2pe9ruf said:
Not sure if already mentioned somewhere but Marcus Madisson has been released by Charlton. Was on loan at Bolton towards the back end of last season helping them to L2 promotion.

Yes, he has form playing against Argyle!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Joe Totale":947yevnk said:
Nobby":947yevnk said:
JannerinCardiff":947yevnk said:

No thanks. Horrible attitude. There's a reason he's had so many clubs.

Wow, in terms of talent Maddison should be at least a League 1 player.
Bit mean to say he's had so many clubs, not really anymore than most modern players, he had 6 seasons at Peterborough.

It was mentioned by another poster that he doesn't want the pressure of being a professional footballer, this is pure speculation but it could be something to do with his mental health and not a alleged attitude problem?

Not doubting he's a talent, it's his behaviour on the pitch that I do not like at all. His current drop to Spalding is in relation to mental health, and of course I wish no ill on him.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
saxman":1n35oxfy said:
If Plymouth is a 'Free Port' then can Argyle import who they like to play for them? :greensmile:

Made me smile. :clap:

I think they'd have to be kept in a warehouse though.

May 8, 2011
IJN":155nzxfb said:
saxman":155nzxfb said:
If Plymouth is a 'Free Port' then can Argyle import who they like to play for them? :greensmile:

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your view of the supposed advantages of a ‘Freeport’ Home Park isn’t in the area that the ‘Freeport’ will cover.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Keyham Pilgrim":3sxxbgc1 said:
I see James Wilson has just been released by Ipswich. Experienced Centre back who has won a few honours during his career and originally from Bristol. Also just won Ipswich supporters player of the year even though only played half of season due to an injury. Just thought it might be a player we could be interested in.

I see you are Ryan Lowe :thumbup: :greensmile:

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
edengreen":1r7r247i said:
Keyham Pilgrim":1r7r247i said:
I see James Wilson has just been released by Ipswich. Experienced Centre back who has won a few honours during his career and originally from Bristol. Also just won Ipswich supporters player of the year even though only played half of season due to an injury. Just thought it might be a player we could be interested in.

I see you are Ryan Lowe :thumbup: :greensmile:

Keyham Pilgrim lays down an early marker in the star summer rumour-monger stakes...
Just got to follow it up with the next one now. No pressure!

HC Green":1q21oehg said:
IJN":1q21oehg said:
saxman":1q21oehg said:

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your view of the supposed advantages of a ‘Freeport’ Home Park isn’t in the area that the ‘Freeport’ will cover.

Is it not ?

Jul 28, 2020
Richard Allan":76gdh6qn said:
HC Green":76gdh6qn said:
IJN":76gdh6qn said:
saxman":76gdh6qn said:

Is it not ?

Can’t do links - but the Herald reports ( 3/3/21) “ chancellor Rishi Shunak has announced that Plymouth’s bid to be one of the government’s tax- free Freeport’s has been successful......”

Not sure what the implications are for Argyle ..... Anyone ??