Plymouth airport | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth airport

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
So, the 'bit' you actually know about the airport was how many years ago exactly?
I'm sorry your wife lost her job all that time ago, but you shouldn't bear a grudge against any future operators, who just may have some great ideas for future flights from Roborough.
Let's wait and see what is offered, eh?

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
The loss of flights to/from Plymouth always seemed 'manufactured'. It seemed a deliberate strategy to make the flights and therefore passenger numbers drop so the clause in the contract could be activated.

Pity about your wife's redundancy.

It seemed to be well used back in the day. I certainly flew from and to it a few times when Brymon existed - and even when they 'sold out' to BA.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
So, the 'bit' you actually know about the airport was how many years ago exactly?
I'm sorry your wife lost her job all that time ago, but you shouldn't bear a grudge against any future operators, who just may have some great ideas for future flights from Roborough.
Let's wait and see what is offered, eh?
I have no grudge at all that she lost her job. Stop making wild assumptions about my opinion on the airport. We run our own business and have all the freedom we want to do what we want, however what on earth makes you think that the airport will be able to run more cost efficiently now then it did all of those years ago when the cost of everything has vastly gone up particularly in the aviation industry.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I have no grudge at all that she lost her job. Stop making wild assumptions about my opinion on the airport. We run our own business and have all the freedom we want to do what we want, however what on earth makes you think that the airport will be able to run more cost efficiently now then it did all of those years ago when the cost of everything has vastly gone up particularly in the aviation industry.
Fair enough Daz. I have no argument with you. I'm keeping an open mind on what could happen and will be delighted if the block that is SHG are kicked out.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
On Thursday afternoon I was in the top deck of a bus going along Runway Road and was very surprised to see a few cars and maybe a dozen people standing in front of the airport buildings. Assume it was something to do with legal row we have been reading about.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
On Thursday afternoon I was in the top deck of a bus going along Runway Road and was very surprised to see a few cars and maybe a dozen people standing in front of the airport buildings. Assume it was something to do with legal row we have been reading about.
Or ... waiting for the 3.30pm flight from Tipperary!

Aug 17, 2005
One last chance.

Interesting article. The section I found interesting was where it said the council is the freeholder. Well if they plan to go ahead with housing as they would only be leasehold charge 5000 pounds per house per year as the freeholder. That would put a stop to it making them unaffordable to build

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
If it goes on long enough, if Argyle make it to the prem, there would be worse uses of the astronomical tv money than buying an airport and second hand plane