Please God, not Wycombe again... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Please God, not Wycombe again...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
This obsession some of our fans have with Wycombe is getting a bit boring now, constantly talking about Ainsworth, singing "are you Wycombe in disguise" to every club we play, it's all a bit small time and cringe. I don't like Wycombe, but well done to them on getting promotion, I hope we don't have to play them next season, but purely because I hope we're in a higher league.

Cobi Budge":3mqbzrwn said:
This obsession some of our fans have with Wycombe is getting a bit boring now, constantly talking about Ainsworth, singing "are you Wycombe in disguise" to every club we play, it's all a bit small time and cringe. I don't like Wycombe, but well done to them on getting promotion, I hope we don't have to play them next season, but purely because I hope we're in a higher league.

I agree. I also think their antics will be less possible against more skilful sides, and unless Ainsworth gets the cash to recruit, their aging players will be found out in this division.

Jan 27, 2012
Mark58":3lv8hqbj said:
Not even Exeter missing out on automatic made me feel any better.

Maybe I'm on my own here, but I'm not bothered whether or not Exeter win promotion or not. Having them in the same league has the advantage of generating larger crowds for a couple of games- so its always a bit of fun. They are a much smaller club and shouldn't be considered as a "rival". Over the course of time Argyle have finished above them in the league pyramid nearly every season- with only a few exceptions. I view them as a club to take the pi44 out of rather than something to compare Argyle with. Same with Wycombe really.

We should be looking at the likes of Bristol City really.

Feb 23, 2008
Wycombe are one of those clubs where you can't help but admire from afar what they do on their budget, local competition, age of squad, loyalty both ways between Anusworth and board etc.

Then when you see how they achieve it, it just looks and feels so filthy doesn't it.......

Sep 17, 2017
rsp4":vofboo4t said:
Firstly Congrats to Them. Ainsworth has done a fantastic job.

Now thats over I agree with op. This season has been really good for opposition with apart from Evans and Poah the teams have been fair and good to play against.

Evans and Ainsworth means there will be 4 games of theatrics and cheeting. I cant wait (said in a sarcastic tone)

What rubbish!!!

Donā€™t mix cheating and theatrics with ā€˜knowing how to win, within the laws of the gameā€™

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again, if DA were to move on Gareth Ainsworth would be on my list of possible replacements, and very close to the top.

Dec 2, 2010
We could also possibly be paying West Brom, Leeds, Notts Forest et al.

Just highlights what a great job DA, the club and team have done.

If it's Wycombe que sera sera!

gaspargomez":3jsutshf said:
Mark58":3jsutshf said:
Not even Exeter missing out on automatic made me feel any better.

Maybe I'm on my own here, but I'm not bothered whether or not Exeter win promotion or not. Having them in the same league has the advantage of generating larger crowds for a couple of games- so its always a bit of fun. They are a much smaller club and shouldn't be considered as a "rival". Over the course of time Argyle have finished above them in the league pyramid nearly every season- with only a few exceptions. I view them as a club to take the pi44 out of rather than something to compare Argyle with. Same with Wycombe really.

We should be looking at the likes of Bristol City really.

When I moved here in 1983, the year that Exeter joined Argyle in the third tier for one season, I was surprised to learn that virtually all Argyle fans didnā€™t regard Exeter as a derby. When I watched the game at HP that season as a neutral, before becoming an Argyle supporter, it was totally low key, with Exeter treated with no more rivalry than any other visiting teams. Would be nice to ascend the pyramid for long enough to return to that. In the meanwhile I wish Exeter well.

Sep 25, 2010
PilgrimZ1R":3n02ygac said:
rsp4":3n02ygac said:
Firstly Congrats to Them. Ainsworth has done a fantastic job.

Now thats over I agree with op. This season has been really good for opposition with apart from Evans and Poah the teams have been fair and good to play against.

Evans and Ainsworth means there will be 4 games of theatrics and cheeting. I cant wait (said in a sarcastic tone)

What rubbish!!!

Donā€™t mix cheating and theatrics with ā€˜knowing how to win, within the laws of the gameā€™

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again, if DA were to move on Gareth Ainsworth would be on my list of possible replacements, and very close to the top.

Ainsworth as a possible replacement for DA in the future, are you serious , never heard such rubbish

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Wycombe matches certainly ones not to bother with next season.

Considering playacters like Carey and ā€˜down like a featherā€™ Bradley, plus how Argyle get in the refā€™s ear, glasshouses and all that though isnā€™t it.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I would love to know what cheating they have done this season. Is it up there with calling the ball boys in with ten minutes to go when winning? :whistle: