Play one of our tall strikers in midfield ? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Play one of our tall strikers in midfield ?

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
gaspargomez":2rj8ae1u said:
Although we have been playing much better lately, I can't help thinking how our midfield is a bit "powder puff" at times. Successful teams seem to have big men in midfield.... Currently one of the best midfielders is Fellani at Everton- a real handful who also pops up with goals. I think he can also play as a target man striker.

I know this is a strange idea, but how about playing someone like Chadwick in that central midfield position ? When Griffiths, Madjo and Chadwick are available we will have 3 "target men" strikers who are likely to be competing for one place. I haven't seen much of Griffiths, but I think Chadwick and Madjo are handy with the ball at their feet and can see a pass. One of those 3 would beef up the midfield physically and also be a presence at defending and attacking set plays.

I know its a silly idea... but is it worth experimenting with ???

Chadwick in midfield - no please! Are you an Excretia fan in disguise? He can stick to playing for the reserves.

PS Before you say anything, we have no reserves, so Chadders won't get a game in my book.

PPS Only injuries and suspensions will see wotton come in ahead of Conor, Young and Lowry.

Feb 21, 2011
We've just won 3 on the trot, scored 9 goals and the lunatics are advocating we play the likes of Chadwick, Feeney and Madjo in Centre midfield, this has to be some sort of bad dream because surely nobody is that stupid.

E

Every Saturday

We have won three on the trot, but with the exception of Port Vale (who looked useful) we havn't played a half decent side yet

The concept of putting a tall striker in an attacking midfield role can work well though - as Dave Smith proved very successfully with Kevin Summerfield

Feb 21, 2011
skynet":2oqa1f8h said:
run_PAFC":2oqa1f8h said:
You must be deluded if you think wotton is better than hourihane!

Wotton is better than Hourihane. Much better.
The only thing Wotton has over Hourhane is experience and heading ability, legend though he is I would take Hourihane these days I'm afraid.

E

Every Saturday

I do hope Hourihane goes on to achieve what Paul Wotton has achieved for Argyle

You are solid Argyle Mr Wotton. Legend

Mar 23, 2008
I think people are far too dismissive of Wottsy. Just because he doesn't do pretty flicks or dribble past people doesn't mean he isn't vital. You need someone to do the dirty work to allow our attacking players the freedom to create.

Feb 21, 2011
skynet":226r8qso said:
When Wotton is fit I would play a midfield of MacDonald, Wotton, Lowry and Bhasera.
I'm guessing that we never see that line up as our first choice.

Jan 27, 2012
A big man in midfield against Cheltenham might have worked, seeing that we conceeded from two set plays.
It's that sort of league I'm afraid.

G

Green_blooded_pilgrim

I think this is a great idea. In fact lets try Bhasera in the sticks as I think he might be good there. Also Robbie up top as he seems to be a good finisher when it comes to free kicks.

Hell, lets give the tea lady a go in the centre of defence as she has a really commanding voice.

Its radical but it might just work

:doh: