Play one of our tall strikers in midfield ? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Play one of our tall strikers in midfield ?

Jan 27, 2012
Although we have been playing much better lately, I can't help thinking how our midfield is a bit "powder puff" at times. Successful teams seem to have big men in midfield.... Currently one of the best midfielders is Fellani at Everton- a real handful who also pops up with goals. I think he can also play as a target man striker.

I know this is a strange idea, but how about playing someone like Chadwick in that central midfield position ? When Griffiths, Madjo and Chadwick are available we will have 3 "target men" strikers who are likely to be competing for one place. I haven't seen much of Griffiths, but I think Chadwick and Madjo are handy with the ball at their feet and can see a pass. One of those 3 would beef up the midfield physically and also be a presence at defending and attacking set plays.

I know its a silly idea... but is it worth experimenting with ???

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Yes you are right. Madjo in the middle of midfield is a very silly idea.

...and Chadwick handy with the ball? Every time it comes near him it bounces off in some direction.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Agree that our midfield is not the tallest but I'd argue they're a lot more mobile than either of our forwards.

The only one that should look at this as an option would be Chadwick but as he ( and Griffiths) are susceptible to knocks I wouldn't trust either of them.

As an aside, I much prefer Mad Joe to Griffiths to lead the line but that is only my humble opinion.

Dec 8, 2011
How about we keep conor and young in cm......its a crazy idea but we have won 3 on thr trot

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Only change in CM position, I think, will be when Lowry comes back fit.

Jul 6, 2011
Ade the green":3nkgur2p said:
Agree that our midfield is not the tallest but I'd argue they're a lot more mobile than either of our forwards.

The only one that should look at this as an option would be Chadwick but as he ( and Griffiths) are susceptible to knocks I wouldn't trust either of them.

As an aside, I much prefer Mad Joe to Griffiths to lead the line but that is only my humble opinion.

I think Griffiths is a much more dangerous striker than Madjo, although I do appreciate Madjo's efforts, he definitely has something and is worth signing on in January.
Griff for me though as first choice

Nov 12, 2003
I reckon griffiths and madjo could play together actually.

Some merit in what the original post says because there are several physical teams in this league. Feeney is good enough to play central midfield and so is Chadwick. Friio was a converted centre back remember. There have been a few over the years like this.

Not sure Fellani started out as a midfielder either- would need to check !

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
tonycholwell":zxo2bec0 said:
Tugboat":zxo2bec0 said:
Only change in CM position, I think, will be when Lowry comes back fit.

Sanity :greensmile:

Agreed Tugs!

:thumbup:

R

Rupert

run_PAFC":k5xbwuro said:
I think chadwick would be a lazy midfielder.

He wasn't when Pulis played him in midfield (or as a deep-lying forward). He worked very hard, albeit doing more defensive than attacking work at times.