Personal insults | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Personal insults

Tugboat

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 24, 2007
Works both ways Ade. It's called built up frustration of being man handled for the last 5 years. I don't think the 'Personal abuse' you are claiming is of a level that warrants such highlighting. It clearly questions motives but nothing I've seen is so nasty that the average person could not dismiss it easily enough if they wanted.

For those of you that are a little sensitive, may I suggest refraining from coming on here if we go down to a pitiful defeat today?

Jul 29, 2010
Amen brothers, at any other time in our history had someone suggested a protest banner might get taken down because it didn't have the appropriate fire safety certification, they'd have been laughed over the moors to Exeter.

World's gone soft, men have become soft, Argyle are soft.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
samjones":3jpwsonf said:
A little bit of industrial language and name calling on a forum is hardly abuse FFS. Woops is that abuse now ?!
Time for some people to man up and grow a pair, if not spend saturdays shopping with the girls

This country is going down hill at a rate of knots with all this political correctness and health & safety etc .... Long gone are the days of GREAT Britain. Don't start me on this rant cus as someone who is paying 50% of my hard earned to support those that can't be ar53d I'm sick and tired of it.

"I will say what I like and I like what I say"

50%, that's a lot of pocket money. :funny:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tugboat":fyn8ptri said:
Works both ways Ade. It's called built up frustration of being man handled for the last 5 years. I don't think the 'Personal abuse' you are claiming is of a level that warrants such highlighting. It clearly questions motives but nothing I've seen is so nasty that the average person could not dismiss it easily enough if they wanted.

For those of you that are a little sensitive, may I suggest refraining from coming on here if we go down to a pitiful defeat today?

I agree about the continued frustration that is supporting Argyle at present. I have not been immune to it and whilst I did not start this thread and wouldn't start a thread that is provocative to so many, I do agree with the OP that at times there are posters that have gone too far.
There has been, in the past when happy clappers and doom mongers actually existed personal abuse aimed at others opinions. Now though, I believe there are no more happy clappers as such but there are still some on both ends of the spectrum that will not recognise another's view.

This thread is not aimed at the majority or at least I would hope not. The management and players are decent people and whilst we can attack the positions we should not attack the individual.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Ade the green":1g7ihgii said:
samjones":1g7ihgii said:
A little bit of industrial language and name calling on a forum is hardly abuse FFS. Woops is that abuse now ?!
Time for some people to man up and grow a pair, if not spend saturdays shopping with the girls

This country is going down hill at a rate of knots with all this political correctness and health & safety etc .... Long gone are the days of GREAT Britain. Don't start me on this rant cus as someone who is paying 50% of my hard earned to support those that can't be ar53d I'm sick and tired of it.

"I will say what I like and I like what I say"

50%, that's a lot of pocket money. :funny:

I resemble that comment. Please do not abuse me or I will tell my MUM!

A

aishburton green

For those who think its ok, why is so big and macho about insulting someone from behind your keyboards?
Its not about political correctness either.
You can still have an opinion without singling people out. Particularly when they are unable to defend themselves.
We have all had to put up with dissappointment over last few years. Man up and deal with it.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Brickfields Donor
⚽️ Player Sponsor ⚽️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
The way I see it is that keyboard 'abuse' remains for all to see pretty much permanently, including players and their families should they decide to 'google' their loved ones. Do it live at the ground and it is banter, its part of what football is about and is gone as fast as the sound fades. Hiding behind your user name and doing it here is a different thing entirely and is potentially there for ever more.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
bth_DontGiveaCrap.jpg

This is a football forum, just how sanatised do folk want it.

jerryatricjanner

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 22, 2006
Leigh Rapson":1dot9g21 said:
I'm of the firm belief that criticism is acceptable but resorting to abuse of them isn't.

I agree with your point jerry but you do it yourself in the first sentence!
Where??? You've lost me

Aug 19, 2009
X Isle":3w0l9jhi said:
If fans from the 80's and 90's had a time machine and could read this, they'd be somewhere between pi$$ing themselves laughing and complete bewilderment.

Abuse?, there's been virtually nothing when there should've been bucket loads yet the preciousness and clutching of handbags has been pathetic.

Man up FFS, when did the giving and receiving of vitriol become so difficult for people?

Oooh, he called him clueless, burn the witch, burn the witch.
Well said there. I absolutely agree 100%! Some people are becoming really pathetic (can I use that word?!) towards what other people write on here!! FFS grow some!! It is all personal opinions!!

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Bashing the manager for everything he does and questioning his integrity is petty and childish, but I expect nothing less from some people. This website isn't what it used to be.