Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing)

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I suspect Mr Dewsnip was on a wind up...

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
It's good business not letting others know how much you are prepared to pay for players.

If we announced we had paid £1m for a player, guess what happens to the value of anyone else we are interested in.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lads it certainly wasn’t a wind up. I took the information from a well known person within the Argyle family who isn’t into wind ups.

I merely meant that the word ‘incoming’ does excite us.

I am still convinced that the information was/is correct.

However it’s up to PAFC when they release the info.

Reactions: Tugboat

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Bit of a naughty wind up. Hope it doesn’t backfire and we end up with nobody or a premier or championship youth loan.
It wasn't a wind up. He was hopeful but there was no signature on the dotted line when he left the meeting as he rushed up to the Club offices. The key is not to alert others to availability.

Reactions: Larry David
Nov 18, 2011
It's good business not letting others know how much you are prepared to pay for players.

If we announced we had paid £1m for a player, guess what happens to the value of anyone else we are interested in.
Exactly, the value of a player is entirely dependent on how much another club is willing to pay for them.
Hence how Cheltenham could get £200,000 for their 31 year old captain from Wrexham as they knew that they've got deep pockets.

If Argyle ever got taken over by rich investors who pumped a load of money into the transfer kitty, don't be surprised if we suddenly get quoted 6 figure transfer fees and wages of several thousand pounds a week for bang average League 1 players.

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
This "partly our money" thing is tripe. It ceases to be our money when we pay Argyle for tickets etc.

Dead right. When I worked for Torbay Council in Licensing, I had a bloke say "I pay your wages". At the time, the Department was broadlyself financing from fees but there was 5p. a year per Council Tax payer chargeable to Council Tax. I reached into my pocket, gave him 10p. and said "Here's your refund for this year. Have next year on me!"