Owls v Black Cats Friday 29th September | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Owls v Black Cats Friday 29th September

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
They were apparently almost guaranteed promotion by last Xmas, and I unconvinced by those who suggest they’ll be relegated by this Xmas. But I’d not be happy if I were an Owls fan, they have a mountain to climb.

babbelquack

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Apr 9, 2023
They were apparently almost guaranteed promotion by last Xmas, and I unconvinced by those who suggest they’ll be relegated by this Xmas. But I’d not be happy if I were an Owls fan, they have a mountain to climb.
I think Xmas is being optimistic, I've got us down as relegated by Halloween.

There's no way in my mind we can stay up now, with Chancer saying he's not putting anymore money in I can't see Munoz getting sacked any time soon, so we will just drift along rudderless with names out of a hat team selections.

It will get a lot worse before it gets better, I fear how things will look next season back in League 1.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
2 points from 9 games, can't be far off the worst start in championship history?

Apparently it’s the joint worst start by any team in a Championship season.

Reactions: The Pilgrim

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
This will be a long, hard season for the Owls
The Chairman taking centre stage with his long statements- the football is taking a back seat to the Chairman's shenanigans
Always the football fans that suffer

Reactions: babbelquack
Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I think Xmas is being optimistic, I've got us down as relegated by Halloween.

There's no way in my mind we can stay up now, with Chancer saying he's not putting anymore money in I can't see Munoz getting sacked any time soon, so we will just drift along rudderless with names out of a hat team selections.

It will get a lot worse before it gets better, I fear how things will look next season back in League 1.
Thanks for your considered response. It must be extremely difficult to come onto an opposing fan’s forum and discuss how your club is imploding. My like is for your fortitude, not any gratuitous pleasure I get from your current demise.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
This will be a long, hard season for the Owls
The Chairman taking centre stage with his long statements- the football is taking a back seat to the Chairman's shenanigans
Always the football fans that suffer
The key question is how long this state of affairs goes on for. If DC stays the owner and cuts the funds for this year I struggle to see a way back.

Reactions: babbelquack
Did I read that Wednesday are losing £2 million a month? If that’s the case then the owner’s refusal to continue funding the loss will surely mean the usual cycle of late wages payments and points deduction whilst a new buyer is sought. Each year this scenario appears amongst one or two efl clubs. Surely it’s time to outlaw permanent loss-making as a business model for all clubs.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Did I read that Wednesday are losing £2 million a month? If that’s the case then the owner’s refusal to continue funding the loss will surely mean the usual cycle of late wages payments and points deduction whilst a new buyer is sought. Each year this scenario appears amongst one or two efl clubs. Surely it’s time to outlaw permanent loss-making as a business model for all clubs.
Wouldn't that mean that the EFL have to take some form of accountability?

I'd be interested to know how much he's putting in every month if thats the amount they are still losing!

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Apparently it’s the joint worst start by any team in a Championship season.
Just googled it, there are 6 teams that have 2 points after 9 games in championship history (this is going back to 04/05) including us in 09/10. We beat Peterborough in our 10th game and Scunthorpe in our 11th.

babbelquack

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Apr 9, 2023
Thanks for your considered response. It must be extremely difficult to come onto an opposing fan’s forum and discuss how your club is imploding. My like is for your fortitude, not any gratuitous pleasure I get from your current demise.
I read a lot of teams forums, but don't post on many. If I do though the first rule is don't be a c*nt otherwise you'll get shot down in flames.

You see it plenty of times fans come on to teams forums all Billy Big Bollox (usually after a result) and spout crap, only for their team to then turn into sh*t and the poster is never seen again, or until they have another result.

I'd rather have a decent debate, similar to meeting opposition fans in a pub and having chat :)

Expecting a 3 or 4-0 loss tonight at the Hawthorns

Reactions: boletus edulis

babbelquack

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Apr 9, 2023

That's what Chancer said, but our accounts for 21/22 didn't back his claims up.

TBH if he said Good Morning to me I'd have to go outside to check, don't believe a word he says.

Regarding your last comment this is something I have said previously, downside is the gaps between the have's and have nots will get bigger, but in the grand scheme of things the same small few win everything anyway, and it would be better to know your club isn't on the edge of the abyss.