Overall feeling in visiting Bury Fans | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Overall feeling in visiting Bury Fans

• Thread starter desperateshaker
  • Start date

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Pi55ed up yobs who insist they can do and say what they want because they’ve paid for a ticket, when correctly challenged by fellow fans (and the previous manager).

Jun 2, 2016
Sidewinder":outw3iyp said:
At the Port Vale away game I sat next to Ryan Lowe's wife and son. I felt really embarrassed by the large number of morons in front of us. The young lad had to move to be able to see because of the attention seeking prats who moved in front of us (and kept looking around to see if they were being noticed). There were also some players' family behind us and I just felt that everyone was a bit bemused by the sheer idiocy of a significant proportion of the away following. Really embarrassing.

I'd like to reassure the OP that this element is a minority but sadly it's a significant, vocal minority that appears to be growing in number.
You're saying away fans couldn't see the game in a 1/3 full away end? :lol:

May 29, 2011
Bristol
the_corkscrew":dvkwedet said:
Sidewinder":dvkwedet said:
At the Port Vale away game I sat next to Ryan Lowe's wife and son. I felt really embarrassed by the large number of morons in front of us. The young lad had to move to be able to see because of the attention seeking prats who moved in front of us (and kept looking around to see if they were being noticed). There were also some players' family behind us and I just felt that everyone was a bit bemused by the sheer idiocy of a significant proportion of the away following. Really embarrassing.

I'd like to reassure the OP that this element is a minority but sadly it's a significant, vocal minority that appears to be growing in number.
You're saying away fans couldn't see the game in a 1/3 full away end? :lol:

Actually yes, I am. Several people had to move because loads of people came to stand in front of us at the beginning of the second half. I’m not making it up.

Jan 20, 2004
desperateshaker":2t61veu4 said:
Could i ask what is the overall feeling of Bury fans visiting the odd game in the North West

We came to your first game of the season and your words support was overwhelmingly emotional

Today a few of us attended baring in mind we are football fans with no club, we don't watch moneyball on TV and thought we would once again show our support

Although the majority of your support made us welcome and stopped to speak, listened to what was now going on with Bury and offered their condolences we also experience alot of anamositiy towards us, and would like to know why the sudden change of heart

We had a support aggressively confront us outside the ground (fat bald green coat hello to you sir, such a delight)
telling us that he wouldnt follow ex Argyle players around the country, and we shouldn't be here,

maybe not but he hasn't had his team taken from him, he took exception when a member of Argyle staff hugged a Bury fan who he obviously knew outside of football, he seemed outraged that the Bury lad missed home, surely if he'd been made redundant and left to work miles from home, regardless of the hard work put in, surely he'd miss his family?

We had a Supporter tell a steward we shouldn't be in this end and a female fan abused at half time

The majority of your support have been and always are phenomenal but I'm just perplexed at why the census has seemed to change,

This isn't a post to cause problems but just to understand why some have such animosity at other football fans coming to watch a game,

To the fan that told me you shouldn't be here, you was with what seemed to be your son? I was with my father and uncle, out time as a family has been wripped apart, I hope your bond and hobby with your family Doesnt get taken away from you

Once again all the best for the season to such a wonderful set of supporters, I'm sure you will go up this season

Sorry to hear this Shaker. As you may gather from this site, all Argyle fans, apart from those with a missing gene, give you our full support and sympathy for your plight and welcome you to any match you wish to attend.

Jul 12, 2016
Pathetic reaction to you from some Argyle fans. You have every right to support us and hopefully will be welcomed by the majority of our fans at future games.

Mar 18, 2014
we had to move seats at Port Vale................great view until the dickheads turned up from North Devon to stand at the FRONT of the stand. W@nkers

Dec 21, 2010
I think you get the drift my friend. The overwhelming response is one of fraternity, affection and a real sadness at your plight. You are more than welcome to join the Green Army at any time. Our apologies for the handful of morons who abused you. RESPECT !

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Biggs":1u7chi5g said:
Pi55ed up yobs who insist they can do and say what they want because they’ve paid for a ticket, when correctly challenged by fellow fans (and the previous manager).
This (and several other posts on this thread) hint that it was a section of supporters who regularly attend away games, drink and stand. This group were at the game but I don't think they had anything to do with it. I could be wrong, but the Bury supporters I saw were several blocks away from this group and I don't there was any interaction from the group with Bury fans at all.

Sep 19, 2015
Tin hat well and truly on here but I will try and put my point across anyway.

As long as actual Argyle fans dont miss out on tickets, I myself have absolutely no issue with anybody attending any football match that they want, the more the merrier in my eyes.

The only thing I am not quite sure of is why the fans who are attending as neutrals, feel the need to wear their club colours to these games? This will automatically segregate them from the rest of the crowd and put a focal point on their heads which certain supporters with a lower IQ will take advantage of.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I totally get why they would wear their Bury colours. They are saying “we’re still here!” and fair play to them.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah o get that as well. Always wear your colours with pride.

I have heard though that there were a few Bury fans asking the ex Bury players for their shirts. I find that a tad strange if I’m honest.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
IJN":229hn47y said:
Yeah o get that as well. Always wear your colours with pride.

I have heard though that there were a few Bury fans asking the ex Bury players for their shirts. I find that a tad strange if I’m honest.
Yeah that is strange.