Our attack | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our attack

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
We don't have anyone with that skill, Hardie is an off the shoulder striker, he needs to be fed through the middle but Whittaker is the guy who gets the ball and wastes it lately.
They are all done in, we are limping to the end, it is what it is now and if it'd relegation well that's what we deserve.

Our attack needs a midfield. Yes Hardie has missed chances and Morgs loses the ball far too easily but they have to be fed. Randell for me has been very poor for the last few games but who replaces him? We have no one.
Sadly a lot of this team are league 1 standard, We may survive this season, but as for next... without a serious overhaul and investment using a lot of Morgs 20m transfer fee then it will be much of the same for next season and worse I fear.

May 28, 2015
If we stay up and don’t recruit well we are in huge trouble next season. The teams coming up are stronger than the ones going down. Right now I can see us being the Rotherham of next season. Really hope there’s some budget to get some championship quality players in and probably about 9 of them

Mar 3, 2021
We don’t have a midfield good enough for this league. There is no creativity and no ball winner. When Azaz and Cundle left we needed to replace these players but didn’t and we are paying for that lack of hindsight which was ignored. Instead we brought in unproven players who were not up to standard for this league. Since January we have been substandard and there is nothing that can be done to change this until the end of the season when a massive clear out is required

Sep 6, 2006
Seems to me that we need our attacking players to hold on to possession so we can get something going in attack. We continually get the ball out of defence only for it to come straight back again because no-one can hold onto possession up front. That’s what’s putting pressure on our defence, and it wasn’t just against Stoke today, it’s been the case for weeks.
That would be a target man type

Jul 12, 2016
It's not working though whatever your opinion on particular players. Need to change something
But with what? Our squad is severely lacking in quality. The team is almost picking itself because we have too many inexperienced and injury prone players. We have decided to try safety first by bringing back “forgotten “ players into the team but what is the point of having loanees and signing players like Sorinola if they are not being played?

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
We need to get Hardie and Morgs (or whoever is played up front) to hold onto the ball and not give possession away, which is putting all the pressure immediately back on our defence.
We don't have a back to goal centre forward able to shield the ball and bring others into play.

We knew this going into the season. Major recruitment error

Jan 6, 2004
Our attack needs a midfield. Yes Hardie has missed chances and Morgs loses the ball far too easily but they have to be fed. Randell for me has been very poor for the last few games but who replaces him? We have no one.
Sadly a lot of this team are league 1 standard, We may survive this season, but as for next... without a serious overhaul and investment using a lot of Morgs 20m transfer fee then it will be much of the same for next season and worse I fear.
Nobody is going to pay £20m for Morgan - would you at the moment ?

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
Nobody is going to pay £20m for Morgan - would you at the moment ?
It's a good question.

I fear that his value has plummeted in the 2nd half of the season.

We should still be able to get £10 million for him but 4 months ago I thought his valuation would have been around double that.

Feb 10, 2024
Randell has had some excellent games as a young pro in a really tough league, the formation is more of the problem being totally out gunned in Midfield.The lads have had good and bad days. Morgan isn’t going for 20m either . Survive and re group is all we can do. Loss of confidence and tired legs with a small squad as well as all the crap they’ve had to deal with . Terrible day today but last Friday was rocking !