Oppenheimer | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oppenheimer

Jul 29, 2010
No, not really X .... I categorically deny having any tryst with Dave's wife (or any other compromising position) so actually haven't seen it. My 17 year old daughter thought it was ok but seemed underwhelmed by it. Don't fancy it much but might give Oppenheimer a go.
Ah, in that case I envy you. Your ears and eyes are still clear of it and your intelligence remains uninsulted👍🏻

I'm truly astonished its taken $1bn. Usually that means repeat viewings, but who the hell is going back?

In our viewing the little kids were absolutely bored :poop:less after the opening 20 minutes, the teenagers looked as disinterested and unengaged as they always do and the adults, certainly those over say 40 seemed, like us, disappointed and/or insulted.

I can't see who the target audience was. We coukd only assume the idea was to dangle the promise of some fun, nostalgia, sequins and pink to lure in as many people as possible to be brow beaten with 'the message'.

Last edited:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ah, in that case I envy you. Your ears and eyes are still clear of it and your intelligence remains uninsulted👍🏻

I'm truly astonished its taken $1bn. Usually that means repeat viewings, but who the hell is going back?

In our viewing the little kids were absolutely bored :poop:less after the opening 20 minutes, the teenagers looked as disinterested and unengaged as they always do and the adults, certainly those over say 40 seemed, like us, disappointed and/or insulted.
It appeals to everyone even with out the story line. It’s got Margot Robbie in it so dads don’t mind going with their kids who will no doubt not have taken them if she wasn’t in it, it appeals to the gay community (and I suspect that where many extra viewings have come from) and it will also have the people that love talking about the patriarch.

I’m pleased my kids are a bit older now, my 15 year old daughter went her friends and thought it was dreadful.

Jul 29, 2010
It appeals to everyone even with out the story line. It’s got Margot Robbie in it so dads don’t mind going with their kids who will no doubt not have taken them if she wasn’t in it, it appeals to the gay community (and I suspect that where many extra viewings have come from) and it will also have the people that love talking about the patriarch.

I’m pleased my kids are a bit older now, my 15 year old daughter went her friends and thought it was dreadful.
You'd have to be going through life looking no deeper than the very surface to not be insulted or notice it though.

Hang on, I get it now, that *IS* how most people go through life :ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2010
Going back to Oppenheimer, it did give me a bigger laugh than Barbie managed, albeit suppressed internally.

Watching in a small screen venue (about 80 seats) with one door at the front to the left, half way though a bloke got up to leave in the gloom, presumably for a call of nature, its hardly a popcorn movie.

Chummy walks down to the front, straight past the door he came in and turned right. With supreme confidence he marched at speed straight across the front and slammed straight into the wall.

Oppenheimer?
Shadenfreude more like 🤭

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
I thought it was a good film, with a very strong cast. Too long and drawn out though, the first half of the film especially. It could have been 30 minutes shorter at least and still told the story just as well.

Sep 13, 2003
I saw the film recently and thought it a worthy film. It's nice to see a film not judged on its special effects. It was also an "adult" type of film with very good performances all round. In my humble opinion I wouldn't regard it as "an all time great" film. Obviously a massively important subject, it held my attention throughout but in a strangely unemotional way. Requiem for a Dream, now there is an all time great film, once again obviously in my humble opinion.
Blimey... Requiem for a Dream is your favourite film ?! I thought it was absolutely brilliant but I would never watch it again as it was just too darn depressing (much in the same way 21 grams made me feel).
Even the actress Jennifer Connelly had a year long sabbatical after starring in it due to a certain scene.

Will catch Oppenheimer at some stage.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Really enjoyed it.

I'm amazed no one has mentioned that our CEO, Andrew Parkinson should now be known as Oppy.

Amazing likeness.

images.jpeg Unknown.jpeg

May 22, 2006
Watched it on a slightly dodgy stream which had subtitles. Bizarrely the subtitles seemed to bear little resemblance to the proper dialogue. Maybe they were AI generated.

For example, 'Bring the sheets in, Kitty' was subtitled as 'Bring the cheese in. Kittens!'

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd never watch a bendy of a great film. It detracts so much. The film was incredibly well done.