One Carl Fletcher | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

One Carl Fletcher

Dec 2, 2010
Mr Smith":2ojuks0n said:
samjones":2ojuks0n said:
Thank gof for that. Hats off to him for hopefully keeping us up but next season we need to move onwards and upwards and get a PROPER manager

The 'PROPER' bit makes me laugh.

What's a proper manager then? Experience/Qualifications/Big Name?

Brian Horton - Managed over 1000 games, won promotion, won a trophy
Lawrie Sanchez - Managed at international level and in the premier league, took Wycombe to the FA Cup Semi Finals

Both below us in the league!

EXcellent point! A proper manager? To me that's someone who delivers results, achieves goals, engages his people and works tirelessly for the cause.....sounds like someone!

What is needed is someone who can set the direction/vision and oversee the whole football side. I don't know if that's Deehan?

As I said, Fletch is player of the season in my book..Okay he hasn't played for a while but his contribution has been immense, he has gone the extra mile for the club..that would be a fitting
accolade.

Nov 8, 2010
Pilgrim61":10doeldu said:
Mr Smith":10doeldu said:
samjones":10doeldu said:
Thank gof for that. Hats off to him for hopefully keeping us up but next season we need to move onwards and upwards and get a PROPER manager

Lawrie Sanchez - Managed at international level and in the premier league, took Wycombe to the FA Cup Semi Finals

EXcellent point! A proper manager? To me that's someone who delivers results, achieves goals, engages his people and works tirelessly for the cause.....sounds like someone!

What is needed is someone who can set the direction/vision and oversee the whole football side. I don't know if that's Deehan?

As I said, Fletch is player of the season in my book..Okay he hasn't played for a while but his contribution has been immense, he has gone the extra mile for the club..that would be a fitting
accolade.

Fletch wasn't a "proper manager" when he was appointed. He had no coaching credentials, qualification or experience.

He has organised the team and dragged us away from the relegation zone. He is now a "proper manager". That isn't to say that he's definitely the right man to bring the good times back to Argyle (time will tell), but any criticism of him not being a "proper manager" is well past its sell-by date now.

J

JimmyMac

Now that we are just about safe in this Division,Carl Fletcher has achieved what he was appointed manager for.What a great start to his managerial carreer and nice to be able to put that on his CV.
All successful managers had to start somewhere,and there are a lot of managers in the football league who are also currently in their first job.So in keeping us in the football league aginst all the odds I feel he has already acheived success,with hopefully a lot more to come as manager of Argyle in the future.

Dec 2, 2010
Manchester Green":1fst7dgf said:
Pilgrim61":1fst7dgf said:
Mr Smith":1fst7dgf said:
samjones":1fst7dgf said:

accolade.

Fletch wasn't a "proper manager" when he was appointed. He had no coaching credentials, qualification or experience.

He has organised the team and dragged us away from the relegation zone. He is now a "proper manager". That isn't to say that he's definitely the right man to bring the good times back to Argyle (time will tell), but any criticism of him not being a "proper manager" is well past its sell-by date now.

Exactly!! :scarf: