Norwich media beginning to ramp it up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Norwich media beginning to ramp it up

Aug 4, 2011
Norwich were in poor form in September and so we'd maybe have won anyway but I think the fact we effectively threw the game at Bristol on the Tuesday night, meaning most of our players were fresher on the Saturday, played a massive part in the result.

I'd be tempted to do something similar in reverse this weekend. Three points from the two games would be a very good outcome and almost certainly leave us further from the relegation zone than we are now.
Players have just come off the back of a 2 week break. Why would we be needing to rest players to keep them fresher? We can’t be giving away games at this stage of the season against anyone

Jun 27, 2019
I'm hoping for another 6-2 but that relies on us getting 2 shots on target in one game. A statistical anomaly.
It'll actually be a statistical anomaly if we don't manage 2 shots on target. In Foster's six away games thus far we've always notched up at least two shots on target, with an average of 4.5 per game.

Reactions: Landsender
Apr 30, 2011
Norwich were in poor form in September and so we'd maybe have won anyway but I think the fact we effectively threw the game at Bristol on the Tuesday night, meaning most of our players were fresher on the Saturday, played a massive part in the result.

I'd be tempted to do something similar in reverse this weekend. Three points from the two games would be a very good outcome and almost certainly leave us further from the relegation zone than we are now.
Ita a good point, but I think on the back of a two week break for most of the players we should be able to compete (well at least physically if not tactically and ability wise) for both games. In fact, I'd guess that they would have had quite a few on international duty and may be feeling the pace a bit come Friday afternoon.

Reactions: greenpilled

BCR

Jun 8, 2022
East Anglia
Ita a good point, but I think on the back of a two week break for most of the players we should be able to compete (well at least physically if not tactically and ability wise) for both games. In fact, I'd guess that they would have had quite a few on international duty and may be feeling the pace a bit come Friday afternoon.
I think Gunn and Nunez were the only ones who played a full game? McClean came on as a sub against NI and Sargent and Hanley both withdrew from their squads.

Reactions: Penmaster
Mar 18, 2024
Falmouth
Yay,
It'll actually be a statistical anomaly if we don't manage 2 shots on target. In Foster's six away games thus far we've always notched up at least two shots on target, with an average of 4.5 per game.
a fairer chance of scoring then. You score 6 we'll score um 2!!!

Hang on, was that the mantra? 📢

Sep 7, 2006
London
Can't make this one - it'll be an Argyle-TV-commentary-whilst-driving-to-Scotland jobby! COYG

I went to CR once for this game: https://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/gosdb-match.asp?date=2007-12-4

Was a horrible evening. Partly a frustrating game, but partly because the Tuesday eve away following was so small Norwich put us in a very long thin rectangular shape. Was impossible for any chants/atmosphere to get going. Very flat and surreal.