Niall Ennis (signs for Stoke) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Niall Ennis (signs for Stoke)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Yes, the Stoke fans think they've signed a pacy striker, while he was no slouch Ennis would never be a running in behind type of striker, he is more about holding up the ball, protecting it and then lay it off.
I've no idea where they have gotten that from.

Speaking to a Stoke mate earlier, he's convinced they're going down. He's not happy.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I liked Ennis but I don't think Stoke are buying what they think they're buying.

He can give you a good 45-60 minutes a game but his quality is getting the ball out of his feet and getting a shot off.

He isn't particular quick but he's quite strong and holds/shields it well.

Thats in League One.

I think he's a decent back up striker in the Championship for the last 30 minutes but he's not going to get you 15 goals a season.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
If Ennis can stay fit I can see him being a good signing for Stoke and bang in some goals. With them being close in league to us, o don’t hope he bangs goals in for them

Reactions: KJC

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
With you on this one.

I imagine that the club said to Elliot Turner that he could not leave when Stoke came calling due to the necessity of his role and that he would be authorised to leave when we had stabilised. I fear too that we have a similar agreement in place, with our recruitment staff, beyond this window.

If we aren't due to lose these people, a pay incentive ought to be offered. Clearly, they're very good at what they do.
When you look at the two Wrights and Waine, perhaps Pleggy too, it shows how difficult it is even with a good team of analysts. I think Neil Dewsnip is every bit as important. Lewis Gibson has been a huge success but wasn't he one Neil Dewsnip knew of anyway? I would think his contacts and memory of players from both his Everton and England youth days has been very important. Indeed, completing the circle, didn't Neil have some dealings with Ennis at England youth level? Now Ian Foster has arrived we cover quite a span of England young players age groups. Some of the ones Ian Foster dealt with early in his England time will be 23 and 24 now and may have been with PL clubs' first team squads for four of five years but haven't broken through? Still very good players but who have been unable to make it to the very top level. I have often wondered if some of the time the manager or Neil Dewsnip spot the player and then the analysts follow that up. The next transfer window could be really exciting.

Reactions: Rogue

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
On the bench for Stoke

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Starts today for Stoke

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Stoke fans are not impressed. Overweight, with an awful touch is what they're saying :ROFLMAO:

They paid £500k for him and presumably are matching his huge Blackburn wages. Absolute insanity.