Next season's strip. | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next season's strip.

Mar 23, 2016
Any ideas when the new shirt is available to buy? Assume it's just before the season starts?

Dec 3, 2005
Just received my Season Ticket info through the post and it shows the ICONIC strip from the 1966/67 season, white with the green horizontal strip across the chest - oh I hope this is the ONE.

Jul 29, 2010
...like on page 20 y'mean? :wink:

Put it this way, it's certainly an almighty wind up if it isn't 'the stripe'.

Given what an unholy cluster the club's attempt at the 'flag' shirts were, and given the dross Puma have bestowed upon us lately, i'd keep excitement levels under check until we see what it looks like. Recent form is no cause for optimism.

Jul 29, 2010
Objection over-ruled Cheshire. Historical reference trumps pedantry.

Whilst it could be described as a hoop, I've never once heard Argyle's 60's shirt referred to as 'hooped'. 'Banded' yes, 'stripe across the chest' yes. But not hoop.

Either way, whatever it's described as, i'll wait until I see it. The colours are at least right, albeit i'm hopeful it'd be the away shirt to a solid green home shirt :thumbs:

Adam

Pasoti Designer
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 5, 2010
Would love to see Argyle play in that '66 kit.

It's definitely got my vote.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Leeder":1z6rvfz9 said:
Be great but fear any sponsorship logo on band instead of badge will have us all lamenting what could have been.

Fingers crossed.

Yup. So often a sponsor ruins a well designed top, or the designers don't take the sponsor into consideration.

Look at the Man United kit this season. Take the awful Chevrolet logo off and it's a beautifully retro Adidas shirt reminiscent of United's late 80s efforts. As it is, the sponsor makes it one of the worst shirts in the league.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Biggs":39cm6ojs said:
Leeder":39cm6ojs said:
Be great but fear any sponsorship logo on band instead of badge will have us all lamenting what could have been.

Fingers crossed.

Just looked at that, I see your point, that's horrible

Yup. So often a sponsor ruins a well designed top, or the designers don't take the sponsor into consideration.

Look at the Man United kit this season. Take the awful Chevrolet logo off and it's a beautifully retro Adidas shirt reminiscent of United's late 80s efforts. As it is, the sponsor makes it one of the worst shirts in the league.