New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, there are several very large items being lifted onto site. I assume these are the actual modular elements of the club shop, they look too big to be just the floor of the building.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Semaphore05":2fjp7nbs said:
Webcam 1 today - large crane on site - watch this space!!

If it's a rare species and it is nesting that could bring all development to a halt!! Oh no!! :facepalm: :shock:

(this is an official pasoti fact based on actual information received!! ;) )

May 16, 2016
Biggs":341b9z5o said:
Yep, there are several very large items being lifted onto site. I assume these are the actual modular elements of the club shop, they look too big to be just the floor of the building.

Planning Office phone is currently red hot. ;)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Guiri Green":3ifccbtq said:
Biggs":3ifccbtq said:

Planning Office phone is currently red hot. ;)

and the police!!:

'There is a lot of shop lifting going on at Home Park!! ' :coat:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
"Hello my name is Kirk Douglas (aka Paul Thomas) I've noticed on the Argyle Webcam that there's an operative without a hard helmet. I demand that this activity stops immediately. If it doesn't I'll have the webcam closed down within two days. You have been warned".

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
Just watched pieces being lifted in. They appear to be the shop floor bases. One large carrier emptied and leaving while another waits to get in.
It occurs to me that with all this lifting in of items like this it wouldn't be very sensible to have a lot of drains and sewers work going on restricting heavy traffic. Just a thought. I think it's called logistics, everything having to be done in a certain order.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
pilgrimB173":2gurl0w9 said:
Just watched pieces being lifted in. They appear to be the shop floor bases. One large carrier emptied and leaving while another waits to get in.
It occurs to me that with all this lifting in of items like this it wouldn't be very sensible to have a lot of drains and sewers work going on restricting heavy traffic. Just a thought. I think it's called logistics, everything having to be done in a certain order.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/development/webcams/webcam-1/

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Some people will be very upset that work is going on, I guess they can always revert to slagging off the new shop as a ‘portakabin’.

Looking forward to seeing this up and how it links onto the facade, though from that webcam angle it doesn’t look a particularly big facility when you factor in staff areas and stockroom. May just be the angle though, and the workers look pretty small when they’re around it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm going to nip up later on, I'll pop a few photos up if I get some good angles. Now where's my dig?

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
That’s quite impressive. Lift the lid off. Remove some packing. Put some supports in drop the lid on as the roof. Move on to the next one.

Flat pack furniture on a building scale.

May 22, 2006
Heathrow Green":1htfdpcu said:
That’s quite impressive. Lift the lid off. Remove some packing. Put some supports in drop the lid on as the roof. Move on to the next one.

Breaking news: refurb delayed as Argyle' staff order the two missing B3 wood screws.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Heathrow Green":1jhp15be said:

Agreed - it is very impressive

Edit to add: Very impressive timing too - they finished one piece at 12:58 - just in time for lunch! :)