New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
GreensOnScreen":vnid1wkh said:
Let's just say that because certain people have been copying and sending GoS photos to the planners (so I'm informed), I have decided to hold back their supposed ammunition. As so often happens in life, the actions of a few have had a detrimental impact on many.

I'm sorry to hear that, Steve. As ever a few idiots spoil it for the vast majority.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Heathrow Green":2slsl43p said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2slsl43p said:
kernow19":2slsl43p said:
GreensOnScreen":2slsl43p said:
Let's just say that because certain people have been copying and sending GoS photos to the planners (so I'm informed), I have decided to hold back their supposed ammunition. As so often happens in life, the actions of a few have had a detrimental impact on many.

How sad is that? :facepalm:

Agreed. It is a bit sad.

But on the other hand surely it would be irrelevant, so long as Argyle weren't doing anything illegal?

You missed the point Grumpy. Either because you can't see it, because you are ignoring it or because you are part of the problem.

If a picture that does not have any harmful information in it. (i.e. Argo and the developers are not doing anything wrong), and it is used to browbeat the planning office with complaints with, because of alleged/imagined infractions of the planning consent means they (the planning office) need to looked at it and then judge if there is any infraction. Mostly, at the best, this will cost the planning office (and by inference the council tax payers of Plymouth), time and money. At the worst they can be used to hold up development work where there are no infractions of the planning permission.

So there you have it.
Do you see the point?
Are you ignoring it?
Or (my favourite) are you are part of the problem and revelling in trying to disrupt the development?

I'll not hold my breath waiting for a real answer as it really does a appear you are a troll.

I know there is a desperation in some quarters to try and smear me because of my longstanding concerns regarding Brent’s long term plans, but that is so bad form.

When I posted that earlier, I did so with the thought of how long it would be before someone would try and post something along the lines of your post. Sad in the extreme.

Sep 3, 2011
Biggs":1y2hdpa8 said:
Some people will be very upset that work is going on, I guess they can always revert to slagging off the new shop as a ‘portakabin’.

Looking forward to seeing this up and how it links onto the facade, though from that webcam angle it doesn’t look a particularly big facility when you factor in staff areas and stockroom. May just be the angle though, and the workers look pretty small when they’re around it.

It does look a bit portakabiny but time will tell and better late than never, about 25 years late but progress is being made.

Aug 5, 2015
Bit of a lesson there for amateur photographers. Keep it to yourself unless you want the Flat Earth Society to claim them to cause trouble with.

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
The Grumpy Loyal":1n3fdcl6 said:
Heathrow Green":1n3fdcl6 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1n3fdcl6 said:
kernow19":1n3fdcl6 said:
GreensOnScreen":1n3fdcl6 said:

Agreed. It is a bit sad.

But on the other hand surely it would be irrelevant, so long as Argyle weren't doing anything illegal?

You missed the point Grumpy. Either because you can't see it, because you are ignoring it or because you are part of the problem.

If a picture that does not have any harmful information in it. (i.e. Argo and the developers are not doing anything wrong), and it is used to browbeat the planning office with complaints with, because of alleged/imagined infractions of the planning consent means they (the planning office) need to looked at it and then judge if there is any infraction. Mostly, at the best, this will cost the planning office (and by inference the council tax payers of Plymouth), time and money. At the worst they can be used to hold up development work where there are no infractions of the planning permission.

So there you have it.
Do you see the point?
Are you ignoring it?
Or (my favourite) are you are part of the problem and revelling in trying to disrupt the development?

I'll not hold my breath waiting for a real answer as it really does a appear you are a troll.

I know there is a desperation in some quarters to try and smear me because of my longstanding concerns regarding Brent’s long term plans, but that is so bad form.

When I posted that earlier, I did so with the thought of how long it would be before someone would try and post something along the lines of your post. Sad in the extreme.

Not desperation at all. Simply fed up.

You were defending taking an inoccuous image, breaking copyright by the way, and using it it complain to the planning office about the on going development.

I’ll reiterate, if you don’t see the problem with that then you are either ignoring it or you are part if the problem.

My personal opinion is that you are trolling, hence I will call you a troll. You may not like that, but that is how you come across.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Heathrow Green":18gmg75y said:
The Grumpy Loyal":18gmg75y said:
Heathrow Green":18gmg75y said:
The Grumpy Loyal":18gmg75y said:
kernow19":18gmg75y said:
GreensOnScreen":18gmg75y said:

Agreed. It is a bit sad.

So there you have it.
Do you see the point?
Are you ignoring it?

Not desperation at all. Simply fed up.

You were defending taking an inoccuous image, breaking copyright by the way, and using it it complain to the planning office about the on going development.

I’ll reiterate, if you don’t see the problem with that then you are either ignoring it or you are part if the problem.

My personal opinion is that you are trolling, hence I will call you a troll. You may not like that, but that is how you come across.

You make it sound as if my posts are a compulsory read? Add me as a foe. It’s really simple.

As for calling me a troll. Lol. I don’t post for a reaction. I post as one of a tiny number left on Pasoti that broadly have an alternative view.

You clearly can’t handle reading that, so again, adding me as a foe is really simple and sensible solution for you.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Early days but must admit that looks like a load of portacabins locked together rather than a modular designed building.Will look forward to seeing the finished building

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Looks pretty good to me and a million times cooler than a lot of others - including our old one.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":3k1o7hbo said:
I post as one of a tiny number left on Pasoti that broadly have an alternative view..

The reason for that is the people that feel like can knock the club at every opportunity are hammered on here for simply repeating the same thing time and time again.

That IS free speech or the way I understand it any way.

Problem is, all the naysayers say they're being bullied and they can't say they what they want. They certainly can, but expect stick for saying it. This site supports PAFC in many ways and so may it continue. I'm sure if the ranks and file think the club isn't being run right, the site which IS truly independent (despite what the super freaks say) will always rise should circumstances or behaviour change.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I don’t mind the ticket office being a modular building, just hope the rest of the stadium isn’t done on the cheap..

Nov 2, 2004
Looks a bit like a campsite toilet block.Are we sure they didn't remove the old one,spray it and put it back.Not very uplifting.I Suppose the stand is the important thing.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
8 portacabins in place so far, are these going to be temporary or is this a permanent structure?