New shirt - Will be announced Wednesday 29th June. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New shirt - Will be announced Wednesday 29th June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Yeovil is a case in point. Same bright green since 1895, no messing around with blacker green.
They've got a brand since 1895 our's dates from someone's whim in the 21st century?
And we're happy to concede our club history to Yeovil who joined the EFL after we opted for dark green black shirts and are not even in the EFL atm:unsure:?

Celtic the same 'branded' green since 1888?

Hibs the same green since 1933 but they have messed around a bit recently like us.
Hibs and Celtic not rivals of ours btw!

COYBs!! ☹️
Would love the know what the original shade of green was in 1886... celtic never wore green to start with.. white shirts black shorts..recently they have had similar away kits to argyle with the latest white one having green n Amber pin stripes.. not 100% sure but hibs started off in all white and Yeovil played in black n gold!

I'd love argyle to stick to one type of home kit.. be it all green .. green shirts black or white shorts.. or stripes. Put it to the fans.. sure it was done before and the outcome was all green shirts black shorts n white socks.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I see for international kits, Puma are going back to the full Puma logo. Wouldn't mind that on Argyle shirts, think it looks a bit smarter.

paraguay-tsc-1.jpg

italy_2022_2023_home_kit_4.jpg

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Would love the know what the original shade of green was in 1886... celtic never wore green to start with.. white shirts black shorts..recently they have had similar away kits to argyle with the latest white one having green n Amber pin stripes.. not 100% sure but hibs started off in all white and Yeovil played in black n gold!

I'd love argyle to stick to one type of home kit.. be it all green .. green shirts black or white shorts.. or stripes. Put it to the fans.. sure it was done before and the outcome was all green shirts black shorts n white socks.

Back in the embryonic stages of football, the clubs used to start the season very dark, as there was no runfast colours in those days. So an Smudge was dark green at the start, mid green half way through and then black and grey at the end of the season. Hence most teams having half and half kits, quarters and stripes. Quite simply so differential was easier.

Reactions: saxman
Apr 21, 2022
Of Pumas new template designs, these seem to be the popular ones.

Man City

Dortmund

Monchengladbach

I reckon our new kit will be similar to Man City's
As a new convert to the cause, and a from-late childhood City fan, can I say I hope so?

Also, the dark green is one of the things that attracted me to this club FWIW. It’s bloody excellent to stand out from the other green clubs.

As for yellow; green and gold are my national colours, so I can’t complain there…

I just wish the club would bloody well get on with it.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I really hope we go for the Moenchengladbach template - incredibly smart. As for the Man City one, how long did it take some bozo at Puma to come up with that design? Thirty seconds?

Reactions: Superguy

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I really hope we go for the Moenchengladbach template - incredibly smart. As for the Man City one, how long did it take some bozo at Puma to come up with that design? Thirty seconds?
I love the Moenchengladbach one, but I don’t know if Argyle are brave enough to take the leap into a predominantly white shirt being our Home strip (and would fans want a white home strip? 🤷🏻‍♂️)

It would certainly work as an Away shirt though.

Reactions: Furnell

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I love the Moenchengladbach one, but I don’t know if Argyle are brave enough to take the leap into a predominantly white shirt being our Home strip (and would fans want a white home strip? 🤷🏻‍♂️)

It would certainly work as an Away shirt though.
YES YES YES Adam, we want a predominantly white one at home!!
Oh yes we do (I speak on behalf of all Argyle fans of course 😂).
The Moenchengladbach one is great!

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Of Pumas new template designs, these seem to be the popular ones.

Man City

Dortmund

Monchengladbach

I reckon our new kit will be similar to Man City's
Personally not keen on any of these the City one looks cluttered with the puma jn the middle as well
I really don't know where the kits can go if they are staying with the dark green we've had all variants of stripes only thing we haven't had is a green version of this seasons away kit and also the arsenal white or black sleeve option
J have preferred the dark green but I am fed up of changing forbthevsakenof changing every year to something that is very uninspiring

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I rather like the Dortmund design- to me it has the wow factor , but then again we all have different tastes (y)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
l really like that white kit. Think it is different and very smart if it were to be our away kit.
Would take the Man City kit as home, I'll compromise on green as long as it looks like a recognisable shade of green rather than a (light) black!
White Munchingpastyback kit is ideal as an away kit.
Dortmund? I just don't like stripes that 'stop' in the middle, like the retro Evening Herald kit, huge white gap around the logo cos the stripes 'stop'. Maybe just me that one? :unsure:

Edited as I was trying to say 'l*i*g*h*t b*l*a*c*k' which kept coming out as 'Argyle green' wtf??

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I really hope they change the font/style of the numbers on the back. Those of last season looked horrendous imo.
Can we count on you Puma? Will it all add up? etc, etc

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I really hope they change the font/style of the numbers on the back. Those of last season looked horrendous imo.
Can we count on you Puma? Will it all add up? etc, etc
(I thought those were EFL mandated.

Status
Not open for further replies.