New Season New Beginnings | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Season New Beginnings

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
One more Pre Season game to go then 7 days till the start of the League 1 campaign

I have enjoyed what i have seen in pre season the new editions , the ease of the new defensive unit against the 3 championship sides , the forging of new partnerships & understanding as the pre season comes to the business end in readiness for the start of the league 1 campaign

I feel this season will be the total opposite of last season purely because of the calibre of player that has been brought in - the Premier League creche has gone to be replaced with senior, been around the block pros that will be on it for 90 plus minutes & will almost certainly will not let their heads drop if we concede a goal

The players left from last season will no doubt want to put right what occurred last season but when some posters continue to bash them over the head over last seasons alarming failures - i feel that is really unfair as last season was a very steep learning curve in respect of getting wet behind the ears Premier League kids from various academies to fill key positions was probably our downfall in the record number of goals conceded & not being able to sustain concentration & discipline for the duration of the game

RL has mentioned this in various interviews that he will not be revisiting Premier League Academics when we have our own youngsters coming through who will play a part in & around the match day squad- if they are good enough they will play

RL wants to put right the wrongs of last season & this has been shown in his player recruitment but some people seem to turn their nose up at every signing that has walked through the door even before the football season has started- another teams released player is another teams player of the season

RL will stick to his principals - he tried changing the formation at the back end of last season to try & stop the runaway train but had very limited success with the personnel he had at his disposal

This season with the calibre of player we have brought in we will hopefully have more goal scoring opportunities from free kicks, corners & have the goals spread around the team

I am no green tint but i feel very positive about this coming season

KeithB

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
I agree, I always feel positive at this time of year... until reality kicks in :D
This is a big season for the manager, time to walk the walk!
A good, consistent season will do me, anything else will be a bonus.

Jun 16, 2021
Look at the bookies odds, they are rarely wrong.
Personally I think we are better than relegation but no where near promotion sadly.
10th will be a great finish unless we get 3 or 4 more decent signings in as our squad has zero depth.
They always say look at the bench and ours is the weakest I've seen in years.
Get a few injuries early on and we are fudged

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Personally I think we are better than relegation but no where near promotion sadly.
10th will be a great finish unless we get 3 or 4 more decent signings in as our squad has zero depth.
They always say look at the bench and ours is the weakest I've seen in years.
Get a few injuries early on and we are fudged
Is that also what Delilah thinks?

Jun 16, 2021
Purely an OBJECTIVE view of our current predicament.

Hey I would love us to romp away and win the league but it simply isn't going to happen.

Its great to be optimistic but its better to be REALISTIC.

Heaping unrealistic expectations on this squad is not the right thing to do you have to separate your emotions from the situation and be purely objective.
The squad is currently 3 or 4 players light.
Get them and I would share your optimism

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Purely an OBJECTIVE view of our current predicament.

Hey I would love us to romp away and win the league but it simply isn't going to happen.

Its great to be optimistic but its better to be REALISTIC.

Heaping unrealistic expectations on this squad is not the right thing to do you have to separate your emotions from the situation and be purely objective.
The squad is currently 3 or 4 players light.
Get them and I would share your optimism
I'd always rather be optimistic, live in hope but be prepared to accept disappointment if and when it comes. We're all different. The squad is certainly much more competitive and experienced that last year's, which more than held it's own until the last couple of months of embarrassing performances.

Reactions: philevs and Caribou

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
Hope eternal but experience nullifie 😕 hope we’ll be solid mid-table. Better grade of signings this year and lets bring the youngsters through

Apr 1, 2009
Nothing wrong with being positive, but history shows that form in PSFs means very little. We've had seasons where we've been underwhelmed by signings and been pleasantly surprised. Equally we've had seasons where we've felt the new additions have impressed in pre-season, only to not cut the mustard once the real stuff starts. In truth the first 10 league games will provide realistic evidence of where we actually are.

Aug 5, 2015
Usually a top team retains the same players week in and week out. Why do you need a huge squad if you’re relying on the same 15 players all the time? Whose to say our top 15 players won’t gel and get promotion. No one knows. It’s why we support our team and love this game. Who would have predicted that Luton would be an established Championship team 3 or 4 years ago. Who would have predicted Wycombe effin Wanderers would make it to the Championship. Anything is possible.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth

Bookies had Bristol Rovers to get promoted at shorter odds than Blackpool last year, who were the same odds for promotion as Wigan who were relegated. Bet365 had Accrington as third favourites for relegation and Pompey/Sunderland as favourites for automatic promotion, neither of whom went up, with Pompey not even reaching the playoffs.

Bookies are often wrong. Odds are ultimately dictated by the market, even if the bookies set the starting point. Funnily enough there aren’t many people betting on Accrington to go up, but quite a lot betting on Pompey. Doesn’t indicate who is actually the better side.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
One more Pre Season game to go then 7 days till the start of the League 1 campaign

I have enjoyed what i have seen in pre season the new editions , the ease of the new defensive unit against the 3 championship sides , the forging of new partnerships & understanding as the pre season comes to the business end in readiness for the start of the league 1 campaign

I feel this season will be the total opposite of last season purely because of the calibre of player that has been brought in - the Premier League creche has gone to be replaced with senior, been around the block pros that will be on it for 90 plus minutes & will almost certainly will not let their heads drop if we concede a goal

The players left from last season will no doubt want to put right what occurred last season but when some posters continue to bash them over the head over last seasons alarming failures - i feel that is really unfair as last season was a very steep learning curve in respect of getting wet behind the ears Premier League kids from various academies to fill key positions was probably our downfall in the record number of goals conceded & not being able to sustain concentration & discipline for the duration of the game

RL has mentioned this in various interviews that he will not be revisiting Premier League Academics when we have our own youngsters coming through who will play a part in & around the match day squad- if they are good enough they will play

RL wants to put right the wrongs of last season & this has been shown in his player recruitment but some people seem to turn their nose up at every signing that has walked through the door even before the football season has started- another teams released player is another teams player of the season

RL will stick to his principals - he tried changing the formation at the back end of last season to try & stop the runaway train but had very limited success with the personnel he had at his disposal

This season with the calibre of player we have brought in we will hopefully have more goal scoring opportunities from free kicks, corners & have the goals spread around the team

I am no green tint but i feel very positive about this coming season
I wrote this prior to the season starting- fast forward 3 months & we are all enjoying the pleasure this team of warriors give week in week out & the unbeaten train shows no signs of derailing
It feels so good to be a green :D(y)💚💚

Last edited: