New Season New Beginnings | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Season New Beginnings

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A great insight in the OP MM or should it be foresight or a combination of the two?
It is great to see things panning out as you hoped thus far and long may it continue.

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
One more Pre Season game to go then 7 days till the start of the League 1 campaign

I have enjoyed what i have seen in pre season the new editions , the ease of the new defensive unit against the 3 championship sides , the forging of new partnerships & understanding as the pre season comes to the business end in readiness for the start of the league 1 campaign

I feel this season will be the total opposite of last season purely because of the calibre of player that has been brought in - the Premier League creche has gone to be replaced with senior, been around the block pros that will be on it for 90 plus minutes & will almost certainly will not let their heads drop if we concede a goal

The players left from last season will no doubt want to put right what occurred last season but when some posters continue to bash them over the head over last seasons alarming failures - i feel that is really unfair as last season was a very steep learning curve in respect of getting wet behind the ears Premier League kids from various academies to fill key positions was probably our downfall in the record number of goals conceded & not being able to sustain concentration & discipline for the duration of the game

RL has mentioned this in various interviews that he will not be revisiting Premier League Academics when we have our own youngsters coming through who will play a part in & around the match day squad- if they are good enough they will play

RL wants to put right the wrongs of last season & this has been shown in his player recruitment but some people seem to turn their nose up at every signing that has walked through the door even before the football season has started- another teams released player is another teams player of the season

RL will stick to his principals - he tried changing the formation at the back end of last season to try & stop the runaway train but had very limited success with the personnel he had at his disposal

This season with the calibre of player we have brought in we will hopefully have more goal scoring opportunities from free kicks, corners & have the goals spread around the team

I am no green tint but i feel very positive about this coming season
'Mystic' Mutley!

Reactions: saxman

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
This along with singing "Charlton get battered" before we kicked off.

Nov 11, 2020
This along with singing "Charlton get battered" before we kicked off.
Exactly, ‘everywhere they go’ when they are at home !
Along with the dog abuse they gave Ladapo, just before he scored for Rotherham, embarrassing. Why can’t songs be more focused on our team rather than abuse to the opponents, showing my age now !

Reactions: StevePAFC
Aug 4, 2011
Exactly, ‘everywhere they go’ when they are at home !
Along with the dog abuse they gave Ladapo, just before he scored for Rotherham, embarrassing. Why can’t songs be more focused on our team rather than abuse to the opponents, showing my age now !
It was “Argyle are massive, everywhere we go” Wasn’t it?