New poll regarding owners. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New poll regarding owners.

Who would you like?

• Irish and Ridsdale

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Irish and Dunford

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Brent and Ridsdale

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • Brent and Dunford.

Votes: 66 50.4%
  • Buttivant and Ridsdale

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Buttivant and Dunford

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters
Apr 22, 2011
cleaner":3p51iyxx said:
pafc 4eva":3p51iyxx said:
i'm sorry but i think i have missed something, who is Dunford? :?:
You haven't ben supporting Argyle for long :?:

I've been supporting them since 2000, when me nan took me to a game
That aside where are the rumours about Dunford as I am struggling to find any...
:mrgreen:

Sep 23, 2005
X Isle":2f5ercqk said:
pafc 4eva":2f5ercqk said:
i'm sorry but i think i have missed something, who is Dunford? :?:

Michael Dunford, former CEO at Argyle under the old board (pre-NWO), solid and dependable, well respected in league circles and a safe pair of hands. Down side was that his 'Steady Eddy' ways tended to leave many people a bit cold, he didn't seem that dynamic.

If it were a straight choice between him and Ridders, Ridders would win hands down on dynamism but it would be a whole lot easier to trust Dunford. Depends what you want but personally I think we need stability and reliability over the 'JP Barnam' approach.

So Brent and Dunford would reassure me over the alternatives.

I agree, of all the parties involved,Brent because he has been upfront with his agenda, limited though that may be and Dunford because of the respect in which he's held and unfortunately we cant say that about our PR. Sigh, none of the stated alternatives fill me with eager anticipation though and the one I've chosen probably isnt a true option anyway.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Buttivant has made it quite clear that if he ever took over the club he doesn't want Ridsdale to stay.

Nov 10, 2010
helston
www.pafc.com
I went for none of the above, as I would prefer a multi billionaire Russian or Arab business person who actually likes football and wants to build up a team to the dizzy heights of the Championship! Sorry, hate the Premiership too much to want us to ever get there!!!! Naive???? Yeah well, you did ask!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Nothing really stands out for me, I wouldn't like to see Brent take over as the only reason for him taking over would be to save the club and at the time he put in the bid that was great because we didn't look like surviving but now I see his bid as unambitious and a last resort but its good to know that if all else fails he will step in...

I went with <CONFIDENTIAL> over Buttivant but for no real reason as we dont know who they are or what they will bring. Which still leaves the hope that they are billionaires looking to spend a bit of money on a football club :)

I would prefer Ridders to Dunford as I see Dunford as a step backwards or a lack of progress, nothing against him but we need to continue to move forward rather than backward...

Jul 29, 2010
Chancellor":9iwhnl58 said:
PL2 3DQ":9iwhnl58 said:
Buttivant has made it quite clear that if he ever took over the club he doesn't want Ridsdale to stay.

That should be vote winner then. Buttivant and Dunford the dream ticket?

You clearly have different dreams to me then.

Cutting adrift the football club as a seperate entity from the ground and it's respective revenue streams (present and future) and "gifting" it back to the community :roll: (aka washing his hands of us and signing our death warrant) is no different to what Irish wants to do.

I dream of nyphomanic MILFS, not Tory councillors and anonymous oversees hedge fund speculators, but each to their own.

Aug 7, 2010
I wouldn't mind who the chairman was as long as Brent was in charge. He was the more stable option who was enthusiastic about taking over the club. With the Irish we dont know whats going to happen, and Buttivant couldn't even supply proof of funding?

A

Argyle1886

I really would like to see Brent & Ridders running the club together.

Yes, the 'irish' may have more money but I like the idea of the club running within its means. Money doesn't get you good players... as seen in the prem for that £50m player thats scored one goal for the blues. There are a hell of alot of decent players out there we could easily get in on a free and with reasonable contracts as well. Look at Charlie Austin with Swindon. Scout the lower leagues & even the local mens leagues in and around Plymouth you will find very talented players that have just not been given the chance to prove themself.

As for the running side of the club; Brent has experience, he's willing to invest what's needed not whats wanted. He has various companies he owns which he bought them on the brink of going bust & now they're thriving like mad. He's got good business sense and that's whats needed. Ridders has the football knowledge, he knows what's needed to keep a club running within its means & how it can do that without offering huge amounts of dosh on contracts.